Roon arc issue back

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

1. Who is your internet service provider?

Virgin Media

1. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?

Virgun Hub 4

1. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?

Managed switch in garage - 8 port

1. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?

I’m using a VPN. Where I use a bypasser for one app or everything it won’t connect anymore.

Connected Audio Devices

Description of Issue -

What is the exact port forwarding error message you see in the Roon Settings → ARC tab?

Hi guys. I have this Surfshark VPN and last night it was working but it’s very intermittent. The VPN can be in bypass or full VPN mode and I’ve tried using the VPN for one app only and let Roon and other apps bypass the VPN but it won’t connect. It’s driving me up the wall as it’s so frustrating and very intermittent.

If the VPN is off fully then it works but now the VPN stops it. It’s detecting up address 10.14.0.2 which it doesn’t like. The port 55002 is open on the router.

I’ve attached the error report

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“178.jjj.kkk.lll”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

Hi @Adam_Hextall,

Sorry to hear the issue was recurring. If it’s still happening, note that recent diagnostics indicate this might be a keypair mismatch, usually caused by an update error in either Roon or ARC after a release. I recommend reinstalling ARC if you’re having any problems.

Please keep us up to date if you’re having problems and we’ll respond here. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.