Roon ARC not connecting to core on Synology NAS, ASUS Router

Roon Core Machine

ROON Core is running on Synology DS716+II
Firewall is setup to allow traffic to ROON

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Router is ASUS RT-AC2900.
Unpn and NAT is enabled

Port forwarding also enabled, tried different appoaches, but latest is to match the ports used on the synology nas

have a vpn server running, but tried turning off to test, did not solve the issue

tried turning off firewall on router also, did not work

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Seems like Unpn is found, but returns unknown error.

Error message:
{
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:502,“error”:“error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 51.aaa.bbb.ccc:12345, response code: undefined, body: undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“51.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“doaction request return statuscode: UnknownError”}
}

setting in ROON:

any suggestions to what I can try to solve the issue?
Not sure what to try anymore, some help would be highly appreciated :slight_smile:

On your router port forward set both to 12345 and not 12345 & 9003 for TCP
Also open 12345 on your NAS, I’m using the default of 55000

Hi Eirick

Fellow user here. The diagnostics you’ve provided suggest that UPnP is not properly configured on your router.

Please first try the following steps:

• Try to enable UPnP/NATPMP in the web administration interface for the router directly upstream from your Core
  • Try to manually open the port in your router’s port forwarding configuration
  • Make sure the IP/Port matches the Port listed in Roon → Settings → ARC
  • Check for any VPNs or Firewalls that might be interfering
  • Check if your modem is in Bridge mode

Thanks Daniel,

Seems like the issue was with the firewall on the NAS.

Cheers,
Eirik

Hi Phil,

Thanks, I managed to get it up and running now. Changed to default port and did as you suggested otherwise.

However, to get a thumbs up when testing the connection I also need to disable this general rule

So does that mean that Roon ARC also uses other ports other than the ones already allowed through the firewall? Would be nice to know specifically what I need to allow through to, to avoid opening up more than necessary.

All the best,
Eirik

Actually, I think I found the issue, the order of the rules matter. Seems to work as long as the rules that allow traffic is placed above the ones that deny!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.