Roon ARC not working outside the home

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Roon Nucleus

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

That is the error I get and I’m assuming but I’m not sure that I need to create a pass through on my modem router from AT&T. I’m not sure what to input into the fields. Can someone please assist. The model number of the modem router is BGW320

You need to set-up port forwarding through the NAT/Gaming menu I think. Wow that looks a bit tedious / complicated for a single port but I see why AT&T decided to do it this way.

I don’t have one of these routers so won’t try to fumble through it. You can try and find other AT&T users here and follow their instructions Port Forwarding Resources - Roon Labs Community

1 Like

Hey @Garry_Underwood,

Ben with the support team here, I wanted to check in on this thread to see if you’re still having issues getting arc up and running.

Here is a step by step on getting port forwarding setup on your specific router:

To open a port for user-defined applications:

1. Go to your gateway settings.
  2. Select the Firewall tab.
  3. Enter the Device Access Code found on the side of your gateway.
  4. Select NAT/Gaming.
  5. If you receive a warning message, visit the AT&T Port Forwarding tool to enable port forwarding on your account. Then, you can continue with the steps in this solution.
  6. From the Service drop-down, select the application for port forwarding. If your application isn’t in the list, or you are setting up port forwarding for a device:
  • Select Custom Services.
  • Enter the name for the application or device in Service Name.
  • Enter the port(s) you wish to open for Global Port Range.

It is recommended to create a separate service entry for each port as opposed to using a port range. In this case the port number should be the same in the Global Port Range fields.

• In Base Host Port, enter the port number used for the first Global Port Range section.
  • Select the appropriate Protocol from the drop-down for the application or device you are adding.
  • Select Add. Repeat as needed for additional applications and devices.
  • When all applications or devices have been added, select Return to NAT/Gaming. Your new applications or devices will display in the Applications list.
  1. From the Needed by Device drop-down, select the device name or IP address of the device to open the port.
  2. Select Add.
  3. When your selections display in Hosted Applications, select Save.

Here is additional info on port forwarding via Roon :

Let me know if this helps :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.