wi fi
ethernet
orbi

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

roon arc not working here is error code, next steps please

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“174.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“status”: MultipleNatFound
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.1”,“found_natpmp”:true},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.1”,“found_upnp”:true}
}

same problem for me! Worked flawless till yesterday. What has changed?

Hi @Samuel_Coor,

A fellow community member here.
It looks like you have a multiple NAT situation: two routers with a firewall and NAT. Probably next to the Orbi you have a router of your provider in the network chain?

Something like this below?

Internet → provider router → Orbi → Roon Core

Please fill in the following form with the details so a community member can help you:

Networking Gear & Setup Details

1. Who is your internet service provider?
  2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?
  3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
    This would be the Orbi
  4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?

Do you really have the exact same error mentioning MultipleNatFound? If not, open a new topic for your specific error, please.

I moved your topic to ARC: Port Forwarding Help

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“178.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.178.1”,“found_natpmp”:true},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.178.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\” s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/\“><s:Body><s:Fault>s:ClientUPnPError<UPnPError xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:control-1-0">718ConflictInMappingEntry</s:Fault></s:Body></s:Envelope>”}
}

This is your error. Not the same as MultipleNatFound in the OP of this topic. Not every “ARC not working” is the same issue.

ConflictInMappingEntry may indicate that you have this:

Or possibly this (in this case: Do you have two routers / an separate internet modem in addition to a router?)

It would be better not to pollute @Samuel_Coor’s topic with an unrelated issue. If you open a new topic in ARC: Port Forwarding Help, tag me with @Suedkiez and I’ll be happy to try and help

1. Who is your internet service provider?
    Century Link
  2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?
    Zyxel C1000Z
  3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches? This would be the Orbi
    I have 3 Orbi’s, one directly connected to modem, the other 2 are wireless through house for internet connectivity. No other routers or switches
  4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?
    No

(deleted, I confused Samuel and K.J.)

From your error message:

Plus:

You are most likely experiencing a Double NAT situation and this prevents port forwarding for ARC. Because you have only one router, the most likely cause is that Century Link is using an addressing technology called CG-NAT (Carrier Grade Network Address Translation).

Before doing anything else, you’ll need to confirm with your ISP that you have a public IP, and that they aren’t using CG-Nat. You can prompt them with the following questions:

• Have you implemented carrier-grade NAT for my account level?
  • Have you fully implemented IPv6, or do you have IPv4 addresses available?
  • Can I request a public or static IPv4 address to support port forwarding?
  • Are there any port numbers you have reserved at the ISP level I should be aware of?

Note: This may be painful if the Century Link support is clueless. They won’t know about Roon, but you could try telling them that you are trying to set up port forwarding for a PlayStation 4. (It uses essentially the same port forwarding solution as Roon ARC)

It looks like century link is using a private address. when I run tracert 8.8.8.8 I get the following

1. 192.168.1.1
    2)192.168.0.1
    so for my understanding this is telling me that there are 2 NAT and both are private.
    If so is there a way to change it to public?

Yeah, your machines are behind your router’s NAT as usual, but there’s another layer of NAT around the customer routers. Whether it’s possible to change that by getting you off the CG-NAT is exactly the question you have to ask Century Link.

Both are internal ip-ranges. I think you probably have a NAT in your Zyxel and in the Orbi base station. There are some posts on the community on setting up the Orbi for Arc I think

Thank you. Appreciate your time.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.