Roon ARC openvpn solution

Hi,
My home internet connection is only possible with 4G where i live.
So the ARC from roon 2.0 doesn’t work out of the box but i have an openvpn server so i have try to use it and it work perfectly.
So if you have an server, install openvpn, make it work and then only make a NAT rule to reach your core.

in my case my roon core have the vpn ip 10.18.0.2 so the rule on ther server is:
iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp --dport 34585 -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables --table nat --append PREROUTING --in-interface enp4s0 --protocol tcp --destination-port 34585 --jump DNAT --to-destination 10.18.0.2:34585

et voila…

Let me understand this if I can

You have Roon core on a server which also runs openvpn with an active connection to wherever

This gives your server a virtual IP in the 10.x range

Presumably your server has a conventional LAN IP in the 192.168.x range or similar when VPN is off

My problem is I port forward to my router at a 192.168 address and when I turn VPN on the the server gets a 10.x address, so I’m guessing similar to you

Is that iptables command running on the same server?

im not sure if i have understand but:
The iptables command is to run on the server that have the vpn server and public ip address.
The idee is only to make the same thing that normally with a normal internet connexion do. Nat to roon server…