Roon Arc problem to connect

I was trying to get Roon Arc to work… but,

{
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“217.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.178.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“<?xml version=\"1.0\"?>\n<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\” s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/\“>\n<s:Body>\n<s:Fault>\ns:Client\nUPnPError\n\n<UPnPError xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:control-1-0">\n606\nUnknown Error Code\n\n\n</s:Fault>\n</s:Body>\n</s:Envelope>”}
}
Windows 10 PC
Fritz!box 7530
Any suggestions that could help?

Turn off UPNP and try setting up the port forwarding manually would be my suggestion. You will have to review your router’s manual.

Also, you might give the following a search on the forms a try “Fritzbox manual port forwarding” and see if the solution has been posted.

Search for the exact model and also your isp.

It is Fritzbox 7530
Needed to go,
Settings…Internet…Permit Access
In there at Port Sharing, put in the desktop.
Now it’s working fine>
I’m not sure about how to do all this kind of thing and hope that it’s safe to open the Desktop .
But it worked.
Thanks for the help people :slight_smile:

EDIT:
Just tested it out in the car on Android Auto, and despite having tidal available in the car I have to say, Roon Arc is a fantastic utility to have!! The only downside seems to be that I must leave the computer on for it to work.
I guess this is another reason for Nucleus, because I would just leave it on anyway. Right?

2 Likes

Yes you need the Roon server on. Unless you have your own music files that you can get arc to load onto the phone.

Hi @Daxterous,

Fantastic! Glad to hear you have access to Roon on the go now.

ARC does require an “evergreen” server that remains on in the background - if you’re using a laptop/desktop, then you can try third-party apps like Amphetamine to prevent automatic sleep/hibernation from closing RoonServer.

An investment in a dedicated server - like one of the Roon Nucleus series - is the ideal solution to the problem.