Roon Arc Setup Issue (ref#X0J1PB)

Full form submission

Network Setup

· I use a single personal router not provided by my ISP

ARC Status

· ARC is *Not Ready*

Roon Error Code

· None of these are listed. It simply says "TIMEDOUT" or similar.

System or third-party *firewalls *or *antivirus software* can sometimes block RoonServer from reaching ARC.

·
Try adding RoonServer and its associated processes to the whitelist of any firewalls or antivirus software you have installed, including the Windows system firewall, if applicable.
[You can learn more about firewall exceptions with Roon here.](https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/firewall)

Has the status in Roon -> Settings -> ARC changed after adding exceptions in your firewalls and antivirus software for Roon?
ARC is still *Not Ready*

Don't give up yet.

· I'm stuck. I'd like to create a post to ask Roon Community for help.

Describe the issue

Roon Arc not ready

Describe your network setup

On EE Broadband using Asus RT-AX59U as the router. My PC is the roon server connected to the router via wifi.

What diagnostic text do you see when you use Roon Desktop and go to Settings → ARC?

Are you using the ASUS router instead of the EE router, or as well as the EE router?

{
“ipv6_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“86.hhh.iii.jjj”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“2a00:aaa:bbb:ccc:ddd:eee:fff:ggg”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.50.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\” s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/\“><s:Body><s:Fault>s:ClientUPnPError<UPnPError xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:control-1-0">718ConflictInMappingEntry</s:Fault></s:Body></s:Envelope>”}
}

I am using the Asus router solely.

It looks like your Roon Server is requesting that a port be forwarded that is already being forwarded.

The easiest way to fix this is to change the port that ARC uses. This is done on the settings page where you see this diagnostic text.

Try changing the ARC port to, say, 56000.

Thanks for suggesting but I tried and it didnt work.

On your asus router, what does your port forwarding log look like.

If you go to the port forwarding log tab on the system log setting, it should show all of the port forwarding rules that you have in place.

e.g, for my router (also an asus), I see:

Note: I don’t use uPnP so all my port forwarding rules are manually configured. If you use uPnP, your rules may appear in the lower part of the page under the “UPNP, NAT-PMP and PCP forwards” heading.

You might want to ask your ISP if they are using CGNAT, and, if so, if you can get a connection which is not CGNAT.

EE in the UK uses CG-NAT for it’s mobile broadband but it does not use it, to my knowledge, for ADSL,VDSL or FTTP broadband.

The information I found while doing a search was scattered and confused. Some recent posts indicated EE had gone to full CGNAT for everything. That is why I suggested the OP contact his ISP to find out for sure.

This is not the same page. This is the WAN setting page where you add an explicit port forwarding rule.

If you go to the system log (on the left near the bottom) and then select the ‘Port Forwarding’ tab, you should see both the explicitely added rules and the rules added by uPnP/natPmP.

However, if you have uPnP turned on and you have this explicit rule, it may explain why you are getting the ‘ConflictInMappingEntry’ error in the diagnostic text.

You should either (both not both):

• Delete the explit port forwading rule on the page thatyou have just shown and let uPnP configure the port forwarding.
  • Turn uPnP off (and use the manual port forwarding as you have it at present).

If you do the latter, a manual port forwarding rule, it may be a good idea to use a DHCP reservation to ‘reserve’ an ip address for your Roon Server so that it always gets the same address. This can be done in the DHCP tab of the LAN settings page. If you do not do this, then, at some point in the future, the ip address allocated to your Roon Server may change and then your explicit port forwarding rule will cease to work.

DHCP address reservation gives you many of the advantages of a static ip address for a device on your local network without the possible issues in the future if/when you change routers or, for any other reason, change the subnet that you use on your LAN.

1 Like

I have now disabled uPnP and assigned an ip for my Roon server.
Still it didnt work.

Forgive me that I have very limited knowledge about networking.

What dies the diagnostic text on the Roon ARC settings page say now?

You may have to refresh the status to to get an up to date result.

Also, where have the two identical dnsfilter entries in your port forwarding rules come from?

{
“ipv6_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“81.kkk.lll.mmm”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“2a00:aaa:bbb:ccc:ddd:eee:fff:ggg”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.50.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“doaction request return statuscode: UnknownError”}
}

This is the port forwarding log tab:

I did only done the port forwarding for the Roon Arc. The dnsfilter is directing to AdGuard which I have no idea how to disable it.