Roon ARC - Shuffle all songs [done]

A way to shuffle all the songs in your library with Roon ARC, without having to create playlists.

Yes, please. This was the first thing tried to look for. Bummer.

7 Likes

Mmm, why not 5k songs like remote

1 Like

Same here. All it’s missing for me to ditch Plex completely.

4 Likes

The 5k limit is fine. There is just no option on ARC to shuffle all songs/albums/artist like there is on Roon Remote.

As it is now, you can only shuffle things you’ve added to your queue, or playlists.

2 Likes

Yes I know, I was saying the 5k shuffle limit would be great for ARC. Should be easy fix

2 Likes

What’s the point of ARC if u can’t shuffle. Might as well use Qobuz native and make playlist there……

2 Likes

Thank you for this substantial upgrade, it works like a charm! One issue though, it has no way to shuffle through my Albums/Tracks or Artists, so it looks like only the Radio functionality is working. It would be great to get this and the option to focus on my lists.

1 Like

+1 shuffle ! shuffle !!!

2 Likes

First thing I looked for too.

1 Like

I would also like to shuffle tags and artists.

4 Likes

I really wish this was a feature

2 Likes

Much agreed! I love my universal shuffle

1 Like

I would also like to be able to shuffle through ALL tracks in my library, with ARC…thank you.

BTW, great update and additions, I love ROON! :+1:

4 Likes

Yes, please add the ability to shuffle all music in an album library using the Arc app!

The Reason for downloading the app was to hopefully be able to shuffle my whole library like I do at home with Roon Core! If it becomes possible i would be a lifetime Roon user. I imagine it would be a data hog, since my library is 116,000 tracks

Another vote for Shuffle access in the various library views (or at least the Album view), including with Favorites or a tag filter selected. That’s my primary use case – to shuffle the albums I have Favorited or tagged in various ways over the years.

I’m a bit surprised that everybody else seems to be framing this as a request to shuffle their entire library. But I assume the fix to that would include the ability to shuffle a library filtered by Favorite or tag.

I know I could easily create a separate Playlist that corresponds to each tag and my Favorites, and then shuffle those playlists. But those Playlists wouldn’t update as I change tags or Favorites.

Thank you for a wonderful piece of work.

2 Likes

The tracks and add shuffle tags please to ability albums in!

Couldn’t agree more: I am baffled that there’s no way to shuffle tracks that have been Favorited!

Yes I would like this feature as well. Shuffle is the way I rediscover my music when I’m driving and I don’t like to bother to search for something to
play.

1 Like