Roon ARC thinks my public IP is 188.aaa.bbb.ccc

My port forwarding seems to be working ok with upnp, but roon arc is reporting it as 188.aaa.bbb.ccc which isn’t even a valid IP?

Any ideas appreciated.

Diagnostic data below

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“188.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“188.aaa.bbb.ccc”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.0.1”,“found_upnp”:true}
}

It deliberately obfuscates the actual IP address for privacy reasons, so that when people post these error messages on the forum, they are not accidentally revealing their public IP address…

4 Likes

Ah thanks that does make sense. The first number is correct so maybe that’s not the problem. I have another app working on port forwarding so think that’s not it. Will restart everything and change port and see how I go.

2 Likes

Hi @Jonathan746,

Were you able to autoconfigure port forwarding with a network reset? If not, please post any updated diagnostics from Roon → Settings - > ARC and the team will help pinpoint the issue.

Do you have multiple routers in your setup?

Thanks for the follow up Connor. I changed the port number which recreated the port forward on the router and it started working. Probably a bug in the router, but working great now thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.