Roon ARC unable to access Roon Server

Roon Server Machine

Lenovo T440s, i7-4600U, 12GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

1. Who is your internet service provider?
    Xfinity
  2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?
    ARRIS XB7
  3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
    NO
  4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?
    NO

Connected Audio Devices

Description of Issue -

What is the exact port forwarding error message you see in the Roon Settings → ARC tab?

Roon ARC was unable to securely access your Roon Server. BUT THERE IS NO Diagnostic data provided.
I have uninstalled virus protection. Checked for any leftover protections. Turned off Windows protection. Removed and reinstalled Roon. And set port forward to match port listening port. Note that I am given a port number, but no Roon Server IP, but don’t know if that is normal or not. UPnP is enabled as well.
Been messing with this for days.

@Russell_Jones, Roon was updated this past week to address this issue with the diagnostic data. Producution is on 1402 and Early Access is on 1402. Are you on either version? If not, please update and the diagnostic information will return.

Roon remote on my PC is version 2.0 (build 1401). Roon Server on my PC is version 2.0 (build 1392). AND both state “There was an error checking for an update.:”

Uninstalled and went to web and grabbed new exe and it looks to be working now.

Unfortunately, I spoke too soon. Roon Server is now automatically configured and is confirmed to be securely accessible by Roon ARC. But now ARC is searching for Roon Server. I have uninstalled and reinstalled ARC. I have removed and added back port forwarding. BUT my Roon Remote is still 2.0 (build 1401) and Roon Server did update to 2.0 (build 1401).

Glad everything is now up to date. Can ARC access your Roon Server while on your home WiFi network? I want to make sure ARC can see Roon at least via WiFi.

Hi @Russell_Jones,

Thank you for the report. After updating to 1401, you’ll possibly need to uninstall and reinstall ARC on the affected phone/tablet.

Basic account diagnostics seem to indicate that ARC has signed in and reached our servers in the last few days - have you successfully connected outside our WiFi network?

Do you have any symptoms in Roon Remote that might indicate upstream/downstream throttling in your RoonServer connection?

We’ll keep an eye out for your response. Thanks!

After a few uninstalls and reinstalls of ARC it seems to be behaving now. Thanks for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.