Roon ARC unable to connect to Roon Server outside home wifi (ref#27KWCP)

Full form submission

Network Setup

· My only router was provided by my ISP

ARC Status

· ARC is *Not Ready*

Roon Error Code

· None of these are listed. It simply says "TIMEDOUT" or similar.

System or third-party *firewalls *or *antivirus software* can sometimes block RoonServer from reaching ARC.

·
Try adding RoonServer and its associated processes to the whitelist of any firewalls or antivirus software you have installed, including the Windows system firewall, if applicable.
[You can learn more about firewall exceptions with Roon here.](https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/firewall)

Has the status in Roon -> Settings -> ARC changed after adding exceptions in your firewalls and antivirus software for Roon?
I don't have any system or third-party firewalls or antivirus software.

Have you successfully located and enabled the UPnP or NAT-PMP settings in your router's web UI?

· I've turned UPnP/ NAT-PMP on and ARC won't connect

Select the Diagnostic Keyword or Text String

· Something else

Don't give up yet.

· I'm stuck. I'd like to create a post to ask Roon Community for help.

Describe the issue

I have been happily using Roon ARC ever since it was first released. Just recently, Roon ARC has not been able to connect with Roon Server when outside home. ARC does connect when in home wifi environment.

No settings have been changed on the modem nor on the phone.

I am completely out of my depth here, so need simple guidance.

Please let me know what to do. Thank you.

The diagnostics data reads as follows:
{
"ipv4_connectivity": {"status":"NetworkError","status_code":502,"error":"error: Error: connect EHOSTUNREACH 159.ggg.hhh.iii:35797, response code: undefined, body: undefined"},
"ipv6_connectivity": {"status":"NetworkError","status_code":504,"error":"error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined"},
"external_ip": {"actual_external_ip":"159.ggg.hhh.iii","actual_external_ipv6":"2403:aaa:bbb:ccc:ddd:eee:fff:fff","router_external_ip":"null"},
"natpmp_autoconfig": {"status":"NotFound"},
"upnp_autoconfig": {"server_ip":"192.168.20.1","found_upnp":true,"error":"s:ClientUPnPError718ConflictInMappingEntry"}
}

Describe your network setup

ISP : NBN with Aussie Broadband
Modem : NetComm NF20MESH
We use Apple devices with up to date software

I used the port forwarding ‘reset’ button and it now works. It would be good if this simple solution were mentioned in the Troubleshooting section for us poor laymen.

Where is this button/

Roon remote app > Settings > Roon ARC

I’ve tried resetting and I still receive the error message:

{
“ipv6_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“76.ggg.hhh.iii”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“2600:aaa:bbb:ccc:ddd:eee:fff:aaa”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.