Roon ARC unable to see my Nucleus Core

Roon Core Machine

Roon Nucleus
Mac OS Ventura with 2020 iMac (runs Roon software)
iPhone 12 (runs Roon software)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Modem TG789vac V2
Netgear Nighthawk RAX80 router connected to TG789vac V2 via Ethernet
Nucleus is connected to RAX80 via Ethernet
iMac is connected to TG789vac V2 and RAX80 via Ethernet

Also on network Apple TV unit and Sonos Playbase connected to Sony Bravia TV

Connected Audio Devices

KEF LS50W network
KEF LSX via Ethernet

Number of Tracks in Library

6468 tracks

Description of Issue

Hi all… I’ve spent the best part of a Saturday afternoon trying to get ARC to see my Roon Core. It’s just not happening and I’m not enough of a Tech Head to see why. It works when I’m at home, I can play music through ARC, but lose connection when I step away from home, which was the whole point of it really - being able to access your music from anywhere.

Here is the error message that I get…

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“59.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

Confirmed that it supports UPnP and that it is enabled
I’ve tried a manual static IP configuration on my router as suggested
Entered the port of 55000 as suggested

I’m running Nucleus connected to a Netgear RX80 which is also connected to my ISP modem. I mainly use Roon on my mobile phone or iMac.

I’m thinking perhaps there is some issue with having the RX80-Nucleus-modem all connected although I can’t really see any double-ups in network addresses.

Mmmmm… I’ve had enough for one day, the sun is shining out there, time to get away from this problem - hopefully someone can help with a fix.

Many thanks to you all.

DK

Hi @David_Kennedy,

I would suggest you take a look at below youtube video to make a manual port forwarding in the Nighthawk. Don’t know if the router shown in the video is exactly your model type.

When you give it a go, write down the ip-address and port number shown in the Roon App under Settings → Roon Arc you will need this.

Hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Maarten.

Hi Maarten,

I think I mistakingly posted my problem twice. I did end up bridging my Netgear router to my IDP modem and everything works fine now. I think there was a conflict between the addresses on the router and the modem.

Many thanks for taking the time to reply though. I’ve posted a detailed description of what I did to solve the issue on my other post.

I don’t post very often on the site and found the interface a bit confusing to navigate through, hopefully I haven’t caused too much trouble by doubling up.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.