Roon Arc update and remotely update of Roon Core

Yesterday I was pretty miffed when my phone updated Roon Arc and then got the message I needed to update Roon Core as not compatible.
Well blow as was 1200 miles away from home.
This morning I noticed Roon Arc said update your server remotely to access your music again.
Hmmm.
Will this work?
Hit the update button and Hail Mary a couple of minutes later Roon Arc was back online and up and running.

Now that’s a massive hats off to the Roon Team in my opinion…that was huge!
Thank you Roon.

13 Likes

Interesting, thanks for the heads-up, I wouldn’t have known otherwise

1 Like

I was equally surprised and impressed as also away from home when these updates landed

1 Like

This is a very nice feature indeed. I’m on holiday this week, and I just updated Roon Server remotely and successfully. Great job!

1 Like

I have the same problem but do not see the option to update remotely. However, I am at home with access to the server, but it seems to be stuck at downloading the update. Restarting did not help. Any ideas?

Now it says „There was an error checking for an update“. So how do I update the server?

Are you using the latest version of ARC on your phone? I assume you first need this to be able to update the server remotely.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply. It’s 1.0.47. Seems to be the latest one? This is the message I get.

What’s the exact version info given for your Roon server?

1 Like

It’s 2.0 Build 1365. I am using a NUC an run ROCK.

You said you were at home. Maybe updating remotely isn’t possible through ARC when you are on the same network as your Roon Server. Just to test: turn off wifi on your phone. Then you will have remote access through your 4G or 5G network provider.

1 Like

I was away before, didn’t work. Tried again just now, no luck.

1365 is already 2 versions back, maybe (probably) it doesn’t have the required functionality yet. As you are home, update it in another way, either the regular remote or from the web admin interface

1 Like

Thanks, but how do I update it? I tried several remotes, it is either stuck in downloading or I get the error message. In the web interface, I do not have the option update, only to restart.

You can click the Reinstall button on the web admin interface. This reinstalls all software on ROCK and thereby updates it to the latest versions. This is not destructive to the database.

2 Likes

Yes! That did it. Server finally updated, ARC working again as a result. Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

Great. You should probably find out why your ROCK didn’t update for two releases in the first place. (Or are automatic updates off and you didn’t trigger them?)

1 Like

Will do! Could be I only had bug fixes on automatic download.

1 Like