Roon & Bose SoundTouch?

Is it possible to use a Bose SoundTouch as a Roon end point?

It needs to be RoonReady, or AirPlay. I’m not sure the SoundTouch has either of these.

Soundtouch devices have a Aux IN so wouldn’t they work fine with a Chromecast Audio plugged in?

1 Like

Devices:
Router Moviestar GPT-2541GNAC (v. ES_g3.5_100VNJ0b54_7)
Cisco SG250-08 switch 8-ports
Core: on QNAP TS-253B (OS v.4.4.1.1216; CPU: Intel Celeron J3455 1,50 GHz, 4 RAM)
Devices: Cambridge CXN v2 , Bose SoundTouch SA-5, Bose Wave SoundTouch IV, Bose SoundTouch 10 & 20 (Software v.24.0.7) connected by ethernet cable.
Roon latest version
Remote: iPad iOS 13.4

Hi colleagues. I had 3 licenses of Roon at 3 different locations. Two of them work well where is Mac mini + McIntoch and Antipodes + Meridian. But in the third I had problems with streaming in group Cambridge + 5 Bose in different zones. I use Bose SoundTouch SA-5 because it works well with outdoor speakers. So after I connect all devices by ethernet (before by WiFi also the same problem) I had a problem in freeze in playback all day every day, after I must re-group all devices and do it again. It works normally only Cambridge (it’s Roon tested) but with Bose not. Can you make some updates with API of Bose because in their own software (SoundTouch) it works perfectly in the group.