Roon bridge installation on RASPBERRY PI3B,

I am able to install roon bridge on Moode audio with SSH command on Moode Audio. Using armv8 script as it is a Raspberry PI 3B. armv7hf indicated that it can not be installed on a previous installation.

Equipment in use is a Raspberry PI 3B, Allo Kali reclocker and Piano 2.1 DAC with MOODE Audio 8.3.3 latest version. 16GB SD card, partition msdos, format FAT32 or exFAT. Power supply IFI 3A power supply times two, one for DAC and one for PI3.

Roon bridge can be seen as an endpoint on Roon core and Roon remote and setup is configured as per quide line. I am able to play any music via Raspberry PI3, Moode OS.

Roon bridge is only operational for first session.
With this I mean, when I switch Moode audio off and restart it the next day, i am not able to connect to PI 3B.

If I follow the whole process again of reinstalling MoodeOS and then the 3 scripts for Roon Bridge (armv8) it works fine until I switch of moode and PI.

It is like Static IP is gone, not able to see IP in FING App or on router. It is like original partition and folders/files are gone.

When i look at the original files on 16GB SD card they are gone, Use Raspberry PI imager app to install moode and then SSH apo on moode or Putty to install 3 scripts from Roon Bridge.

If I only install Moode audio 8.3.3 and then teboot or switch on/off - I am not getting any issues.

Is it maybe the way I install ROON Bridge.

I dont have any of these issues on any of my orher endpoints - in total have 4 but not operating them so far in group mode. But would like to run the above PI setup and another in group mode going forward.

Please assist.

Theunis

Welcome to the Roon community, @Theunis_Mulder.

I suggest you try an alternative SD card to see if that resolves the issue.

Martin, many thanks.

Problem was solved after I went to purchase a Scandisk micro SD card.

These funny branded Micro SD cards is not something you can trust. Lesson learned rhard way

1 Like