Roon Bridge not discovered by Roon Server

Hi. SIgned up yesterday and in the short time I’ve been using it, 1.3 is living up to the many accolades it’s received. Hopefully the community can give me a hand in sussing out my problem with a Roon Bridge endpoint. I’m sure the problem is on my end.

I have installed Linux Roon Bridge (build 66) on a homebrew build (ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming M/B, 6700k, 32GB Ram, Linux Mint 18 stock), and the Bridge is not showing up under the Networked section of the Audio Tab in Settings. I have queried the O/S and it says that roonbridge is running as a service. This box has some desktop apps that come standard with the Mint distro, but aside from that, is pretty stock. I’m just using it to get familiar with the architecture of Roon. I have an AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC which works without a problem on the box when not using Roon.

I am using Roon Server 1.3 (64 bit, build 204), headless, on another homebrew build (Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5, 6700k, 32GB Ram, Debian Stretch-minimal install) which sits in a rack in a separate room in the lower level. The O/S and Roon database are located on a 256GB Samsung 950 Pro NVMe SSD and the audio files are located on a Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SATA III Internal SSD. Both boxes sit on a cat6A wired network connected through a PFSense router and a NETGEAR ProSAFE XS728T Managed Switch.

I have installed and configured Roon Bridge on a couple of Android tablets and phones and they work without an issue (the wireless is handled by a couple of Ubiquiti Access Points - UAP-AC-PRO-US). I have also installed Roon on a wired Mac, pointed it at the server and it is working without a problem as well - and it shows up under the Networked section of the Audio Tab.

I would appreciate any thoughts on what might be happening here. I am not fluent with Linux, so it’s highly likely that the problem lies there. Thanks.

Managed Switches can cause issues with settings. Roon uses Multicast. In general disable IGMP snooping on the switches and any “UPnP” settings on the access points, switches, and router.

See some of these links, or Search the Forums for Managed Switches and read some of the issues and solutions.

Thanks, Daniel. I’ll follow the suggestions which you made.