Roon Bridge on Intel NUC/Linux

Can the Intel NUC7i3DNKE running Linux/Roon Bridge be used as a high quality, headless Roon Bridge (End Point)?

If so, will the USB output on the NUC be better than the USB on the Raspberry Pi?

Also, will it be “transparent” for users and provide auto-updates?

We like using the NUCs for Core/ROCKs and would like to deploy them for Bridges, if possible. We understand the extra cost and that most people use the Raspberry Pi, but we want to evaluate how much we can use the NUCs for, especially if we won’t need to worry about additional “HATs” for good USB.

Yes. High quality is subjective, but this is possible. The CPU is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overkill however.

Yes, the RPi has a crappy USB bus.

Yup, like all Roon Bridge installs.

You can go with cheaper NUCs (way less cpu and like lowest ram you can get… 1gb? 2gb?)

Thanks for the reply!

We realize it’s overkill, and we might choose to just use the RPi, but we are comfortable with the NUC and like using the same hardware platform.

I think we are going to try this in-house just to see how it works. We really like the idea of using a minimally configured NUC over having to use HATs with the RPi.

You (Roon) and this community have been extremely helpful as we have dived deeper into Roon solutions. Very much appreciated!

I’m trying to post a link…still learning this forum interface. :wink: