Roon can't detect my Synology 920

I used my ipad and iphone that roon app continues to search the roon core. I installed my roon core in my NAS system of synology 920 which I restarted so many times. Afterwards, I delete my roon core in my NAS and restalled it as new Roon Legancy, that does not help to solve my problem. My iPad and iPhone are continuing to search the Roon core. Who can help me on this issue? tks

Is your NAS on the same IP subnet as your iPad and iPhone?

Yes, those are using the same wifi environment. tks

BTW, only my computer can connect my Roon core at synology 920, that is so weird

BTW, only my computer can connect my Roon core at synology 920, that is so weird

I am imagining that your WiFi network for your mobile devices is different than the network your computer is connected to. This happens a lot.

What are the internal IP (may look like 192.168.x.x) addresses for your iPhone and iPad vs. the one for your computer?

1 Like

Those my portable devices are using the same Wifi connection and the IPs are 192.168.1.xxx. Can you help me how to modify it? Many tks

Well, the next question is, is your Synology’s IP address 192.168.1.xxx or 192.168.0.xxx ?

1 Like

Dear sir:
The problem is solved. After I upgraded both iPhone and iPad to new IOS version 17.4.1, the wifi setting both of Private Wi-Fi address and Limit IP address Tracking are on. Then I turned off both the setting, it can connect my sysnology NAS. FYI
Appreicate your kindly help

1 Like

Excellent!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.