Roon can't see my linux pc in bridge mode on my network

Roon bridge>

Ubuntu 20.04.5

I have installed roon bridge for Linux with the easy installer. I don’t get any errors on the installation. everything is correct. But I am unable to see this device on the network through the remote roon. I see all the other devices on my network. (Iphone, Apple tv, Imac … etc). But not the laptop with Linux.
I do not know what’s happening. I need help.

Are you certain that the laptop with Linux and Roon Bridge installed is sitting in the same range of network addresses as your Core and your other Roon devices?

Yes. I am permanently connected to my NAS with the IP range 192.168.1.xxx

Before first use, you need to visit Roon Settings > Audio and enable the device.

If you’ve already done this, please confirm Roon Bridge is running.

systemctl status roonbridge.service

Hi Martin, thanks for your reply. I can’t enable In Audio settings because the device doesn’t show up.
On the other hand I have verified that Roon Bridge is activated in my Linux. Look at the answer.

roonbridge.service - RoonBridge
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/roonbridge.service; enabled; vendor pr>
Active: active (running) since Thu 2022-09-01 01:30:15 CEST; 11h ago
Main PID: 14164 (start.sh)
Tasks: 36 (limit: 8893)
Memory: 122.8M
CGroup: /system.slice/roonbridge.service
├─14164 /bin/sh /opt/RoonBridge/start.sh
├─14167 RoonBridge --debug --gc=sgen --server RoonBridge.exe
├─14181 RoonBridgeHelper --debug --gc=sgen --server RoonBridgeHelp>
├─14187 /opt/RoonBridge/Bridge/processreaper 14181
└─14192 RAATServer --debug --gc=sgen --server RAATServer.exe

What machine is your core on? Linux PC? Windows? And is your Roon Bridge on a different machine?

my core is installed on a Synology 918+ NAS with 4gb RAM and is running on other devices. The Bridge is installed on a PC with Ubuntu

Was the laptop restarted? Is a USB device attached and switched on?

Even if the OP hasn’t connected a USB DAC, audio device, e.g., sound card, HDMI, should be listed under Audio.

@Emilio_Rodriguez, have you installed dependencies on your system, i.e., ALSA (libasound2)?

I have not installed these dependencies, could you tell me how to install them?
ty for all Martin

Disable the firewall and try again

If you’re running desktop this is installed by default. If not, then try apt install libasound2. That said, if I recall correctly, the easy installer would have flagged this if it was missing… can’t be sure though.

Also, as @ipeverywhere suggests, disable UFW as this will prevent discovery.

Thanks a lot. I have disabled the firewall and everything works perfectly.
Fixed.

2 Likes

Nice! Now the disclaimer… Running without a firewall could be risky. Only you can decide your level of risk in your environment. But, at least you know if you want to put the firewall back you’d need to modify it to support Roon.

Here is a thread, there are others, of an example configuration from another user if you want to turn the firewall back on but still have a working Roon…

Note, the ports Roon used changed earlier this year so don’t go back too far in thread age or it won’t work. It also should be expected that Roon port usage will change again which would require additional rule updates.

2 Likes

It is understood. Thank you very much for the information.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.