Roon can't see Roku Chromecast

@support

I have three Roku on my local network: a 4660RW (Ultra), a 3600X (Stick), and a 3100X (2 XS). Two are wired and one is wireless. All three are running the latest Roku software, 8.1.0, and all three were restarted today. None of them are visible under Chromecast on the audio settings tab. I also have a Chromecast Ultra and it is visible to Roon Server, enabled, and working from Roon. All other devices on my local network (MacOS, iOS, Windows) can see and cast to the Roku boxes.

Roon server is running 1.5 build 339 on a CentOS 7 server. My network consists of two Netgear GS switches (a GS716T and a GS724T) and two UniFi wireless APs.

The router is a Netgear WNDR4300 running dd-wrt v24sp2, but that should not be relevant to the issue…

William,

I have a Roku 4 and I don’t see it under Chromecast devices on the Audio tab either. I searched the Roku support site and while it says you can cast content to a Roku device or use screen mirroring it does not say that Roku devices are Chromecast compatible.

See https://support.roku.com/article/360002990094-how-do-i-cast-apps-like-youtube-or-netflix-from-my-phone-to-my-tv-

Tim

Yep needs to be a proper chromecast/Google cast device. Screen mirroring/Miracast/Roku is not the same thing.

Thanks for the replies. I guess I was expecting more from the Roku that it is able to deliver.