Roon client eating 400% CPU while idle

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Ubuntu 18.04 LTS / dual Core i3 / v1.7 build 610

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

On 1Gbps ethernet. UniFi switch.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

MacOS 10.15.6 on 16" Macbook Pro. 2.6Ghz 6 core w/ 64GB RAM also on 1Gbps ethernet. Using Bifrost2 over USB.

Description Of Issue

Running Roon client on my laptop. Also v1.7 build 610. Was actually responding to another thread here on community.roonlabs.com but not listening to music when I noticed my CPU fan was at 100%. Seemed odd, so I brought up the process monitor and found this:
[

If it’s hard to read, Roon is taking 300% CPU and RATTServer is 99%. So it’s eating up 4 of my 6 cores. And it’s idle/doing nothing. To be clear, more Roon core is on my Ubuntu box- this is just the client.

I restarted Roon and after a few minutes it’s eating 300/99% CPU again… Seems like a bug? Indexing / etc should all be on the core right?

this is old thing: High CPU Usage on Mac Mini 2018

enable/disable wifi, if it does not work reboot your Mac while Roon finds a definitive solution.
in my experience it normally happens after the Mac goes out of sleeping, so… you may prevent the Mac from sleeping.

Thanks @mavmcl. I guess I’ll post any further comments over there.

1 Like

Hi @Aaron_Turner,

As mentioned above, this is something the team is currently investigating. We’ll be sure to keep you in the loiop when we have more information!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.