Roon compatibility with P.S Audio's new Airlens for their new MK2 DAC

I ordered the new P.S. Audio MK2 DAC. In order to have it stream music (from my NAS or streaming services - Tidal) I need to use the Airlen’s they sell with it. The PS Audio DAC I have now has a Bridge card in it now that accomplishes that.

When I inquired to the owner of PS Audio about getting the Airlens that is compatible with Room as an endpoint, he told me Roon was ‘dragging’ their feet on certifying the Airlens.

The PS Audion MK2 represents a big step forward in DACs and I hope you are working on getting the Airlens certified in the near future. They have the MK2 ready to ship to me, but I don’t want to take delivery until I can get them both.

Please help/advise.
Thank you!

Hi @Oren_Hopkins,

Many have ask a similar question… and Roon will not comment on certification specifics.

Not want you want to hear I know, but it’s a matter of patience or choosing an alternative device that has been certified.

That’s disappointing, especially considering many people have asked a similar question. Audiophiles want the best in hardware, but hearing this makes me feel like we’re not heard.
Give me a suggestion of an ‘alternative’ device?

And then there’s PS Audio who’s jumping the gun and advertising Roon Ready when it’s not. We’ve seen hardware vendors do that while actual certification only arrived later, from several months to even years. I understand you’ve got skin in the game, and it’s not fun, but I wouldn’t put the blame on Roon.

In fact, if they sold you something and it doesn’t meet what’s advertised, I would ask my money back. If Roon Ready is something important to you, you can rebuy when they actually deliver.

2 Likes

I asked a simple question about compatibility of the Airlens & Roon and when it might be certified. The DAC’s (all of them made by PS Audio) have been certified to be Roon ready. This Airlens is something new for this particular DAC, not sure if you’re aware of the technical aspects of why I need it? I have a hardwire workaround until the Airlens gets certified by Roon. Giving feedback from one company to another seems like a reasonable request.
I’d rather hear the ‘companies’ involved prospective instead of yours. Simple question. I’ve been using Roon since almost day 1.

Carl has already provided the answer. I’ll summarize: Roon doesn’t comment on the certification process.

2 Likes

The Airlens is its own product which as far as I can tell has not yet been released. When it is available and Roon Ready certified it will function as a Roon endpoint. Until that time, any Roon Ready endpoint with a Coax out will do to feed the MK2.

And, if using a Pi with a DigiOne coax out (which are great btw) doesn’t suit you. Then, you could probably use a Holo Red which would give you an I2s out to the MK2. Seems like many go this route, here is a thread on it from the PSAudio forums “Holo Red impressions - Network Audio - PS Audio

1 Like

Thanks Daniel, that’s what I needed to know!

Just want to make you aware that the PS Audio Airlens has been CERTIFIED by Roon and available…great news! I’ll get both my new PS Audio MK2 DAC and Airlens tomorrow.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.