Roon control GUI working on Linux using Wine

Roon on Wine is broken for me on latest Ubuntu 18.04 LTS with the new Build 806. The most noticeable entry I see in the logs:

05/28 23:29:02 Critical: scx: System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Aufruf fehlgeschlagen.

at System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException.ThrowCryptographicException(Int32 hr)
   at System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509Utils._LoadCertFromFile(String fileName, IntPtr password, UInt32 dwFlags, Boolean persistKeySet, SafeCertContextHandle& pCertCtx)
   at System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509Certificate.LoadCertificateFromFile(String fileName, Object password, X509KeyStorageFlags keyStorageFlags)
   at System.Security.Cryptography.X509Certificates.X509Certificate2..ctor(String fileName, String password)
   at Sooloos.Broker.Distributed.Server..ctor(State state)
   at Sooloos.Broker.State._InitMiscThreadSync()
   at Sooloos.SynchronizationContextThread._Dispatch(SendOrPostWrapper& ret)

Sadly I don’t know what to do about it. If some more experienced user knows how to make it work again, please share the steps here.

Ping @spockfish as maintainer of roon-on-wine so he’s aware of it.

PS: Luckily I made a copy of the bottle before updating, so I can still use the working Build 795 for the time being.

1 Like