Roon Control Volume

Hi Harry @spockfish I am using one Ropieee install purely as a remote with touchscreen, however it can’t control the volume for the endpoint. Is this normal behaviour?

For me, when RoPieee first boots up, the screen shows the album art and play pause etc but no volume indication or slider. I have to touch on the album art to cycle to the second display screen with the black background. I then touch again and get the first screen with the blurred magnified album art background and the volume info and slider show up.

I have to do this little game once after each boot and then it’s fine. Since I only reboot when a new beta comes out (patiently waiting for the hifiberry DAC+ to have airplay hardware volume control), it’s not a big deal for me.

Try that and see if that gives you joy.

Sheldon

I already had. It just fixed at 0db and can’t be moved. I have a feeling it’s because it’s actually fixed volume as the DAC itself can’t be controlled by Roon unless you use DSP volume. However I am using an extension called Deep Harmony which allows Roons volume to control the Harmony Hub which in turn can control the volume of the RME by IR. It works perfectly from Roon app but not from Ropieee touch screen. Or it’s because in this case Ropieee is not playing to the DAC only acting as a remote.