I had Roon Core build 831 running that really needed an update to a newer version. I hesitated because a read about problems updating at that time. Also my computer was really old (late '09 iMac). Now I have an MacMini M2 so time to update:
- I’ve made a backup of the QNAP core and copied the backup to the MacMini.
- On the MacMini I installed the latest Roon and imported the backup.
- I pointed Roon to the file share with music on the QNAP
- Roon did some updates and everything is running fine.
- I’ve made a new backup om the MacMini stored on the MacMini) without any problems.
Roon runs fine on the MacMini now but I want to keep it at the QNAP. Now updating the QNAP:
- I’ve disconnected the core on the MacMini
- In Roon i’ve chosen update for the core on QNAP
- It started updating but it didn’t connect after that to the QNAP
- At the QNAP web interface I see that the Core is stopped
- Stopping-starting the service doesn’t do much, same for a reboot
- The Roon Server screen now says (translated):
Status : Stopped
Version : 2.0 (build 1202) production
QPKG-Version : 2020-07-15
The QPKG version seems to be still old. I’ve downloaded the log files but can’t find any problems there. I also tried to install an update from the Roon Server screen (the open box icon bottom left) but that doesn’t help.
How can I get Roon running on my QNAP again? I bought the QNAP for that reason
Should i delete the core app and reinstall it from scratch? Can I use a backup on the QNAP for that (the music folder hasn’t changed) or do I have to migrate the backup from the MacMini?
Thanks for help!