Roon core intermittently disconnects while playing music

I have not re-imported my old database. I’m using the new one. I’ll disconnect the airplay devices as you recommended.

My Nucleus had to be repaired last year by Roon because of a malfunction. Is it possible that the Nucleus is not operating properly because of some defect? If it is, I’d like to address that problem before the warranty ends.

I can certainly investigate that possibility. What was it serviced for? Do you recall?

Thanks,
Wes

I just experienced the problem again at 9:10 pm EST. This is the track I was listening to:

HI @Craig_Logan,

I don’t see a hardware issue but I do see some odd logging that is filling up the logs and possibly creating a performance issue. I need to take a look at this with my team and will do so tomorrow.

Regards,
Wes

The problem happened again at today 11:53 am EST while listening to Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Film Score: A New Hope and End Credits. The Roon end point is the Naim Uniti Atom integrated amp.

Hi @Craig_Logan,

We had a look at your case today and the odd logging seems to continue. Roon is getting hung up with a 192.168.5.151 address that doesn’t seem to be associated with Roon in any way. At least not that we can see. Are you using any custom extensions? Can you identify what the 192.168.5.151 IP is?

Thanks,
Wes

That IP address is for a Sonos Subwoofer. There is a Control 4 Roon extension.

The 192.168.5.151 address automatically shifted to the Control 4 core in the evening. There is a Roon extension for Control 4.

The IP address was associated with a Sonos Subwoofer earlier in the day.

Thank you for that. Bear with me. I am getting help from the experts on this.

Thanks,
Wes

Hi Craig,

I had given you 3 different sets of things to try. Refreshing RAAT, clearing the cache, and the last one; giving Roon a fresh install.

We are seeing out-of-memory messages in the logging and wanted to narrow down the issue further. Renaming the Roon folder and reinstalling will help tremendously.

Wes

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.