Roon Core Kit on a Intel Celeron N5100?

I have a PC left like this:

ASUS Vivo – PN41-BC033ZV (Intel Celeron N5100, 4 GB, 128 GB, SSD).

Would this work as a Roon Core Kit?
I just do not want to kill the Windows 11 Pro if it does not work.

My collection is about 5.000 albums and 80.000 songs.

Would this be powerful enough?

I intend to change because my installation on my NAS (Synology 718+) is too weak.

Read Roon’s system requirements article to find that you’re below recommended spec with your choice.
It might just work and may even be better than your NAS, but happy you likely won’t be for long…

Some people use a Celeron Core without any problems. I think the N5100, or a close relative, is what’s in the Innuos devices.

It depends on the DSP you want to use and how many endpoints you are going to use simultaneously.

Since you already have the device, it doesn’t hurt to try.

But I will loose Windows 11 Pro, if I install the Core.

Are you asking if ROCK will even install on your machine or are you asking about the performance on a Celeron?

If your just worried about performance, then install Roon Core under Windows. If it works that way, it will be better under ROCK.

With 80,000 tracks, I’d be more worried about the 4GB of memory.

A quick look at this thread, shows people using ASUS machines for ROCK.

Yes, ROCK and Windows cannot coexist.

In all probably, if you successfully install ROCK, this device will work, but perform poorly, which means that the UI will be sluggish on all devices, and scanning, DSP, or searches could interrupt playback.

Moreover, if you run into issues and need support, the response will be clear: you’re not running on supported hardware.

This should be absolutely fine since the OP has around 5k albums. I run my i3 NUC on 8 GB, but the only reason for this was availability of 4 GB pairs. Processor–or rather single thread performance–is key here, and this Celeron just doesn’t cut it (~50% performance of my i3.)