Roon Core Location

Sorry but a newbie question…

I am very new, in fact I don’t even have core yet, it was ordered 2 weeks ago but still stuck in transit due to Australian courier delays. Have ordered a NUC to run ROCK.

Now in dilemma where I should put the Core.

My router is in my lounge but all my audio gear is in my study.

Router is connected to patch point in lounge and to patch point in my study and to my switch.

But as I didn’t want to have that NUC in my room, was thinking to leave it at my lounge next to the router and connect it to free port on Router and have end point in my study connected to switch?

Or would I get better sound by putting my core in study same switch as my endpoint?

Thanks.

You will get a range of opinions. I’m a fan of keeping Core far away from any listening environments. If you are a DIY enthusiast, an RPi4 running VitOS is tough to beat. RoPieee is more flexible and can be fun too. Both will be quieter and may sound better than plugging a DAC directly into your NUC.

1 Like

It depends how noisy the core is , mine is a desktop tower PC and sounds like a tractor. So it’s well away from my Audio gear , connected Ethernet via a RPi and Roipeee

A NUC will be quieter , but as some pointed out Not Silent , so my bet would be Separated

Just my 2p

1 Like

Oh thanks for the information.

I got end point already, Sonnet Hermes from local store… just waiting for my NUC.

That was what thought… Will leave NUC in my lounge…

Thanks.

1 Like

Awesome 2 out 2 reply suggesting to have it far away so will follow and leave my NUC in my lounge.

Thanks.

1 Like