Roon Core on a HP EliteDesk Desktop?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Can I use a HP - Refurbished EliteDesk Desktop - Intel Core i7 - 8GB Memory - 256GB Solid-State Drive to run the Roon Core?
Thanks

It should work, assuming you are going with windows? I7 what generation?

4th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-4770S processor
Smart quad-core, eight-way processing performance.

I use something similar ( semi dedicated) and it works fine with a 3.5TB library on a NAS/network.

Well you can certainly get started with it…

Thanks Mr Fix It.

Thanks. Doug Ogilvie

I’m using an i5 and so far so good but still migrating media - can’t see any major issues - I’m not planning on maxing out DSP or multiple streams so it seems plenty fine for me

Don’t forget some old desktop processors are beefier than some modern mobile processors found in smaller form factors

If you add the right graphics card you could even turn that machine into a Hackintosh with ease. Though ROCK & Linux were recommended to me and ROCK’s the route I’ve gone down - I just want a bit of kit that works and no temptation to tinker

Thanks Denis.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.