Roon core server Questions

Hi all, I’m not a techy and have some newby questions about a Roon core server.

1. If I have a dedicated Roon server with a Synology NAS for an input and a Rotel integrated amp as an output, do I really need Bluesound to connect to my Roon server to the amp? Other than multiple zones and wireless speakers, why would I need the Bluesound?

2. Where do I find the requirements for a core server? I’m trying to put together a Nuc solution for a core. What do I need to put in it? I don’t want to spend all the thousands for specialty servers.

Again, I’m not much of a tech person and am looking for a relatively simple explanation… :slight_smile:

Thank you!

A simple search would have got you this

As regards question 1 you will need a DAC to connect to your Rotel. There are many choices to fit a range of budgets so perhaps if you gave an indication of what you want to achieve and what you want to spend advice can be given.

Current model Rotel integrated amps, as with many other preamps and integrateds these days, have built in DACs.

AJ

As he didn’t specify model better safe than sorry. The question remains though what is to be spent on an endpoint or is the nuc to be direct connected.