Roon core to qutest

I have had my Chord Qutest dac connected direct to my nuc core no problem using a USB lead A to B printer cable, all good, just swapped the USB lead for a Chord USB A to B high performance lead, now I have no connection, Roon does not see the Qutest dac, any suggestions, many thanks

Regards

Does it work again if you switch the cable back? If yes, maybe the Chord USB cable is broken or not so much high performance after all.

3 Likes

I direct connect my Qutest with the following map (and have had zero issues; sounds superb):

Nucleus Plus revA → Ghent Silver plated starquad JSSG360 USB cable → Intona 7055-C USB Isolator → Ghent JSSG360 Gotham GAC 4-1 Ultra Pro USB cable → Audiowise SRC-DX (USB to Dual BNC converter) → dual Canare L8CUHD 75r BNC cables → Chord Qutest.

No issues up to 768khz/24bit. I would look at your Chord cable with scrutiny; make sure you’re seating it correctly(some of them require significant pressure to seat correctly), and be ready to send it back if it has a defect.

Yes if i put the old cable back it works fine

Thanks

1 Like

Ok so normal cable works, Chord cable doesn’t, I think you found the culprit :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes its gone back

1 Like