I am very new to HQPlayer and has been trying to try it to find out what kind of positive impact it brings to my existing system. However trying several times, I cannot get it link up with Roon play through my home system.
Both Roon & HQPlayer are installed on a late 2012 Mac mini (Catalina). The HQPlayer is on version 481 2 as the newer ones cannot work on this old Mac mini.
The following are the components used and the settings:
Apple Mac mini (late 2012) on Catalina 10.15.7
Both Roon & HQPlayer are installed in this Mac mini
Sonore Optical Rendu
Sonicorbiter Settings (if you use Sonore products) via sonicorbiter.com
- Network Player - Manage
- click on Apps - HQPlayer NAA
- the next page will show HQPlayer’s Network Audio Daemon (NAA). Click on Restart NAA HQPlayer
Holo Audio May KTE
HQPlayer (HQPlayer4Desktop-x64-481 2.dmg)
HQP 4 Desktop Settings:
- File-Settings - Output Device Setting - Backend - NetworkAudioAdapter
- File-Settings - Output Device Setting - Device - (Select your device from the drop down menu)
- Setup - HQPlayer - Add HQPlayer “localhost”
- Audio Settings - select HQPlayer (or whatever you’ve named it)
With these settings, it does not work. Is there anything I have done incorrectly? Kindly advise.