Roon crashes after 24 hours and will not restart after open -a RoonServer from terminal

Software: Roon Version 1.8 (build 783) stable

System Software Overview:

System Version: macOS 10.13.6 (17G6030)
  Kernel Version: Darwin 17.7.0
  Boot Volume: Yosemite
  Boot Mode: Normal
  Computer Name: Chris’s Mac mini
  User Name: chris (chris)
  Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
  System Integrity Protection: Enabled
  Time since boot: 1 minute

Hardware:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac mini
  Model Identifier: Macmini4,1
  Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
  Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
  Number of Processors: 1
  Total Number of Cores: 2
  L2 Cache: 3 MB
  Memory: 4 GB
  Boot ROM Version: 75.0.0.0.0
  SMC Version (system): 1.65f2
  Serial Number (system): C07F501WDD6K
  Hardware UUID: 7AF0A318-79BB-536C-B4A4-7CB2D8C47C5C

My mac mini is attached to my amp through a Schitt Modi
Amp is YamahaSX301

Roon 773 was dead stable. Version 783 is back to exactly how 1.7 behaved. I end up having to reboot my mac mini running the core every single day. I am thinking or writing a script to reboot the machine at 0300 every day. I would rather not however.

sudo /usr/bin/pmset repeat restart MTWRFSU 03:00:00

This processor is not capable of running Roon Core in a satisfying way.

I wonder why 773 was dead stable and 783 barely makes it 30 hours?

The Core 2 Duo it way below the suggested specification.
You probably have been lucky that it worked so well.

Hi @Chris_Snyder

As noted, this device definitely falls below what we’d recommend. It’s hard to say for certain just yet that this is the issue, but it’s definitely something to keep in mind during troubleshooting.

The next time Roon crashes, would you kindly use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service)?

Thanks!

|### Chris Snyder lordcaffeine@gmail.com|11:50 AM (1 minute ago)||

to Dylan

|

Thanks, Dylan for a reasonable response.

Even though my “Roon Core” is well under the recommended hardware specifications, I don’t ask too much of it (there are only two zones and I rarely use more than one at a time).

I keep a good eye on the resources of the machine by running htop via an ssh session since the machine is headless. I never see it access swap and the CPU load average rarely gets to 10%.

I would love have the financial resources to throw hardware at this issue but I don’t believe that is the problem. The first release of 1.8 ran for over 30 days before I was forced to reboot.

Anyhow, thanks for the help. I love Roon and the music it lets me listen to all over my house!

-Chris Snyder

Hi @Chris_Snyder — Just wanted to note that I followed up via PM. Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EtQPCTCr6fKZ-xpxGbq9Pz6r_eVwNSHv/view?usp=sharing