Roon crashing on Moto g10 at random intervals

Hi

I am using Roon for about 4 months across multiple devices and its been great with one exception…
I like to listen on a Bluetooth speaker for portable use and was advised that the best solution was to use an Android phone as endpoint with Bluetoioth speaker connected as my Apple iPhone seemed to disconnect often when in this config. So I bought the Moto g10 which runs Android 11 and it works most of the time but then Roon crashes after a while and I have to restart the app. The core is rock solid on windows 10 pro and my other endpoints dont crash . The pattern is always the same but sometimes occurs daily then sometimes after a few days. The playback stops and when I unlock the Moto g10 Roon restarts then all is good again. This even happens overnight when nothing is playing. My wiFI is strong with a satellite mesh system right near the phone. Maybe its my use of a Bluetooth speaker? Anyone see similar issues?

Thanks

Ciaran

update: I turned off notifications and the g10 Roon app has not crashed for 12 hours so far

since I turned off Lock Screen notifications the Moto g10 has not crashed for days so I think this may be a solution if you are having crashes on android devices

spoke too soon. Roon is still crashing on the Moto G10 phone - should I get a tablet instead? I am hesitant to invest any more in the Android world but will pay for stability.

You could always get an iPad. Or, try using your iPhone again, turning the notifications off.

I am using my iPad as a remote only. The Moto phone is a RAAT that onward connects to my Bluetooth speaker outside. Turning off notifications on my iPhone is not an option for me.

I assume that the IPad has bluetooth. You can use it as both a control and endpoint connected to the Bluetooth speaker. No need for other phones, etc.

Sorry I was not clearer, by notifications, I meant the lock screen control option in Roon, referring to the same as what you had disabled on the Moto.

thanks - I am using the iPad right now - last time I tried this it was not reliable when connected to a bluetooth speaker - will let you know if its better now

Well this is interesting. The iPad connected to a Bluetooth speaker seems to be reliable. What is interesting is now that I have disconnected the BT speaker from the Moto G10 it now is also reliable as an endpoint. I think there is a bug to be found somewhere here in the android connection to Bluetooth when being used as an endpoint but its probably to niche to worry about Many thanks for your help in getting to a better solution.

My iPad pro restarts Roon every time I put it down for two minutes.

Not used a Moto G for a few years but do they have app optimisation settings?
I have my OnePlus Phones set to not optimize the Roon app and it can be running for day’s without a restart, but it has a lot of memory.

I have an iPad mini previous generation and so far its been solid. Not sure what settings are available under android 11 and I have given away the phone now so can’t check. Thanks for the suggestion though.