Roon crashing shortly after start up

I’ve just installed the newest version of Roon on to my Windows 10 laptop. About 2 hours I ago I clicked on the Roon icon. The program/app still wasn’t open when I returned to the room 5 minutes ago.

Whilst I was adding a radio station to my Roon profile this error message came up:

Roon requires Open Gl 3.0 or higher. Current configuration unsupported. May be able to resolve by updating drivers or video card or by not using a remote desk top solution.
Open GL context vendor: Intel, Version 2.1.0 Build 8.150 2900.
Run Roon anyways?

My laptop is about 6 years old. Has 4GB of RAM (3.68GB usuable)… 64 bit 2.13 GHZ.

This afternoon I updated to latest version of windows. Windows said drivers are up to date.

Any ideas? I don’t want to have to get a new computer.

Thanks.

As a general side comment, never trust Windows with updates to your driver hardware. You should download the latest drivers from the manufacturer and use those. If you post the make / model of the laptop, I’ll look around and see if I can find the download page.

Say Yes. If it works, great for now. Even so, I would take this as a sign that I needed to start thinking about a newer computer or tablet.

Thanks Daniel. I downloaded the latest Roon remote app on to my Android tablet and it worked ok. No problems viewing catalogue or playing music via Tidal, my external hard drive or via Radio stations added to my Roon profile.

But the Roon app on my laptop wouldn’t open after I clicked on it.

Intel ® Core ™ i3 CPU M330 @2.13 GHZ 2.13 GHZ

Installed RAM 4 GB (3.68 usable)

64 bit operating system

Windows 10 Home version 1909

Please excuse the poor quality photo. Has two cores. Base speed 1.87 GHZ. Logical processors 4.

Thanks.