Roon database backup from Nucleus to iMac external drive

BlackJack,

This is how I have a Roon folder set for sharing on my iMac (macOS 13.6.1):

Which I’m thinking I ought to be trying to get to via smb:

I’m sorry if I’m missing the obvious.

I’m going to experiment with a USB thumb drive formatted at ExFat in the meantime.

But I’d really like to be able to backup my Roon database to my iMac directly. Thanks to you and Jim, I can see that’s the way to go. But I can’t get the SMB syntax still.

You obviously miss the share name (probably: old Roon) as well as username and password.

Note: A share name containing a space character may make things complicated as you may have to mask/encode it. I don’t know for sure, test it or simply remove the space to make life easier.

1 Like

BlackJack,

I wondered about that.

Changed to

smb:///Users/mark/Music/oldRoon

which still fails.

So it must be:

How do I add those, please?

Why do you expect that to work?
According to your screenshots try:
smb://192.168.0.170/old Roon or smb://192.168.0.170/old%20Roon as it seems you like to insist on using a share with a space

Look at your screenshot above or the example in the linked help article, there is a input field labeled accordingly for each in the “Add network share” dialog window in Roon.

Got it. Thanks, BlackJack

I kept getting invalid path because I actually had removed the space between ‘old’ and ‘Roon’ and so the share was no longer valid.

Nor did I realize that I didn’t need the full path to the shared folder.

All OK now.

Very much appreciated.

Happy Holidays to you and yours :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.