Roon & Dirac integration again

And that seems to be why unless Dirac devotes the ressources to a Linux, x86 port, Dirac in Roon or on ROCK simply ain’t going to happen. Given how long updates seem to be taking, it’d seem Dirac’s dev team is already quite overworked, which is why I wouldn’t count on that happening anytime soon in the best case scenario (plus, it makes more sense to just suggest the hardware implementations, anyway, because they work for people who don’t run Roon).

@flak can of course offer workarounds with third-party software, but that’ll never be what things should be, which would be to go from Roon => RAAT => Dirac, to Roon => Dirac => RAAT. My hope is team Roon can find a great, more interested partner to implement the feature set Dirac offers (i.e, a gui-driven room correction system that a mere mortal end consumer can set up by themselves without having to spend weeks reading manuals. And yes, Flavio, nothing is quite like Dirac’s algorithms, we know, we know :wink: ).

Given that they’ve already worked with Roon, are already running on linux, x86, and that their system requires a very specific mic, which would essentially work as a hardware dongle, Trinnov would seem like an interesting match. How much integration work that’d take, and, more importantly, whether or not they’re (still, there’s the Sherwood precedent) interested in slumming it at the non oligarch-or-delegate-to-the-national-congress-of-the-communist-party-of-china levels of affordability are other questions entirely.