Roon Display Zone not working on Pixel Tablet

Has anyone managed to get the new pixel tablet display correctly working with Roon?

I can get it to appear as a sound output when undocked but it acts differently when docked (like the old nest hubs) But when choosing it to act as a display in this mode I get nothing on screen at all?

Guessing it’s just not been looked at yet as its only just come out. Seems like could be a much better solution than prior nest hubs tho, Roon the controller actually works well on it, its just the display that isn’t working.

Have you tried the app Fully Kiosk Browser and Lockdown?

This can lock your screen while docked but display the the URL for Roon. This would allow the tablet to function as a display, but when unlocked could operate as a remote. The app also allows a wake function via the camera

I’m considering purchasing the Pixel Tablet and the app for this purpose, but I’m not sure anyone else has tried it yet…

I’m not affiliated with the app in any way, I’m just curious if this could work as I’ve had long-term disappointment with a Lenovo smart display that I thought would be a good solution for Roon

Thanks both.

How is Roon behaving now with the docking with Pixel tablet @Mark_Bamber1 ?

How did this workaround work out for you @Kevin_Routhieaux ?

It still doesn’t work well at all, I gave up all hope of any good roon display

Anyone else try to get this working?

I can cast a Roon Display just fine to the Pixel Tablet while unlocked, but if it could work automatically on the docked screensaver mode (like Google Hubs) then it would be a perfect display.