Roon does not import credits from tags

You guys are both correct. My Bad.

I created a new folder (album) and called it Test and copied an album into it. I then renamed the songs;
01 - Test.flac
02 - Test.flac
03 - Test.flac
04 - Test.flac and so on.

Now I left all of the embedded info in each song of the associated meta data.
Added this new album to my library and let Roon analyze it.

Sure enough, it recognized all of the correct info associated with each song.

When I started with Roon it was Version 1.3 and I remember something about this because Roon has this default album art cover for unknown albums which it cannot identify and at one time this came up and I know there were others threads covering this Roon default cover art. I wonder if this was addressed maybe in a later version.

Oh well I stand corrected. Thank you guys for pointing this out. I certainly do not want to mislead anyone just like I do not want to be misled.

ā€“MD

2 Likes

Hello Noris,
Itā€™s been a while but also 1.6 does not import tagged musiciansā€¦
tom

Hi @Tom_Verhulst1,

We are hoping to implement support for the INVOLVEDPEOPLE tag in the future, but we donā€™t currently have any timeframes for when this will be implemented. In the meantime, we recommend using the PERSONNEL tag for this data.

Hello All,

Weā€™ve just released Roon 1.7 (Build 500) which includes changes that should improve this behavior. Please give it this a try and let us know how it goes!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
The Team at Roon Labs

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.