Roon endpoint with Balanced analogue output

So to close this one off……

Managed to get a good as new used Matrix Audio Element I - for an excellent price from a UK dealer. With a bit of warranty on it.

2 Likes

Sounds great.
Come back and let us know your impression of it once you have run it a while.
:+1:

1 Like

It’s used so won’t need run in (not that new dacs do either :wink:

I didn’t mean burn in as such but rather once you have had it in your system a while and got accustomed to it’s “signature” sound.
And how well it integrates with the rest of your system.

1 Like

For sure. Tbh it’ll be a while before I can let anyone know, as it’s preparing for my new amp to arrive. Currently sound-less.

Have a temp amp arriving tomorrow which has its own dac. But new one will need a streamer! So watch this space :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a shame…I absolutely HATE having a new piece of gear I can’t play with right away…lol.

1 Like

You’re telling me! I have new speakers too!

I got to enjoy them for one day and the amp I had bought was faulty so was returned. The new one is a 4 week wait!

I have both a HiFiBerry XLR DAC and PecanPi streamer. Very happy with both.

Audiophonics Sabre dual 9038

A little pearl that even allows tinkering with OPAs and additional reclocking boards…

1 Like

I have one of these as well.
Very good device and purchased as an all in one headphone amp and streamer over XLR/RCA to perform double duty.

Had it almost a year and it has been the perfect device.
Only wish it had Chromecast built in.

Edit I can see now you gone for a bigger brother.
Very nice

1 Like

Thanks, I’m looking forward to it. Will be nice to just have a roon endpoint with no fuss.

Taking a new approach to my current system. Which is “no hifi nonsense”.

Good speakers known to be well engineered in a Sensible way. A gutsy powerful amp with drive and stability to control them and a measurably perfect source.

No audiophile cables, filters, stands or tweaks of any kind.

I suspect it’s the path to longer term happiness. Trust in the engineering and let the music happen.

1 Like

Sounds like a great plan.
The Element I should hopefully be a good and reliable streaming Dac to start the sound processing working.
Never had the slightest issue with my Mini I Pro 3 in all the time I have had it

1 Like

Thanks Peter,
For me personally the price tag is not automatically a quality criteria, nor are measurement results from platforms like f.e. ASR, which to a large extent are beyond the processing capability of the human ear or brain.
The T2 has astonished me with its dynamic presence, the band seems to play live in the room, emotions of the music are transmitted yet every small detail is audible - this is the most analogue digital device I ever owned.
You did not just use more expensive boards and circuits, Lumin mastered to perfectly integrate and orchestrate them together - resulting into a piece of accustic art.

1 Like