Roon Extension Manager v0.11.9 [Obsolete]

Both cores are usually running 24/7 – it’s the REM that goes offline regularly every time when I’m closing my Roon remote software (grafik).

On stop of the remote
Core unpaired!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
2019-12-17T19:56:16.264Z - Inf: Terminating: roon-extension-manager...                                                                                                                                                                                   
-> CONTINUE 1 Changed {"message":"Terminating: roon-extension-manager...","is_error":false}                                                                                                                                                              
-> CONTINUE 1 Changed {"message":"Terminating: roon-extension-manager...","is_error":false}                                                                                                                                                              
2019-12-17T19:56:16.289Z - Inf: Terminated: roon-web-controller (SIGTERM)                                                                                                                                                                                
-> CONTINUE 1 Changed {"message":"Terminated: roon-web-controller (SIGTERM)","is_error":false}                                                                                                                                                           
-> CONTINUE 1 Changed {"message":"Terminated: roon-web-controller (SIGTERM)","is_error":false}

It might be worth a try to disable the auto update in the Extension Manager. You do this by opening the Settings, expanding the GLOBAL SETTINGS section and then clearing the field behind Check for updates.

Does REM have an interface where I can deselect the autoupdate option?
If this is how to run this interface?
Or do you need to do this using the Roon Controller interface (native application)?
Regards Robert

Open Roon and go to Settings|Extensions. There is a button labeled Settings for the REM (same line on the right side). In the Extension Settings window that opens up click on the blue plus sign. Clear the field “Check for updates @ [hh:mm]” and hit the blue button labeled Save at the bottom.

1 Like

My wife checked the REM version installed and paired with my Roon Core. It’s 010.1. So older than the current 0112.
How i can upgrade to a newer improved version?
Regards Robert

Open Roon and go to Settings|Extensions . There is a button labeled Settings for the REM (same line on the right side). In the Extension Settings window in the section named [EXTENSION] choose System from the Category drop-down selector, Extension Manager from the System Extension drop-down selector, Update from the Action drop-down selector and hit the blue button labeled Save at the bottom.

I wonder what might have made the Web Controller extension disappear as it seems that your system didn’t made an update lately?

Uninstalling Web Controller myself is a secret to . I can’t connect this situation with anything. the more that on a daily basis I do not run the native Roon Controller application. I only do this when you need to restore and reinstall the Web Controller. And actually my wife does it for me
Thank you very much for explaining exactly how to update and disable checking for future updates. It is especially useful that a blind person who has not seen the Roon Controller screen in front of his eyes (i.e. me) explains to the viewer (poorly computer literate) what to do.
Regards Robert

Hi @Jan_Koudijs

I updated to 0.11.2 a couple of days ago and have run into an issue - Extension Manager will not launch. Running node v10 on Mac OS. I have deleted and reinstalled. Output as follows:

internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:573
throw err;
^

Error: Cannot find module ‘node-roon-api’
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:571:15)
at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:497:25)
at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:626:17)
at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:20:18)
at Object. (/Users/jk/.RoonExtensions/lib/node_modules/roon-extension-manager/manager.js:17:29)
at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:678:30)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:689:10)
at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:589:32)
at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:528:12)
at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:520:3)

Any ideas?

Nevermind, reinstalled rpm and I’m back up and running.

Ok, i’ve a problem.
This is my situation after REM update

:thinking:

This is on Ubuntu 18.04, right?
The problem is that it’s using an old version of npm (3.5.2) which has issues with peer dependencies, the functionality I had to add to get the Roon API working again.

What I did on my Kubuntu install is downloading a more recent version of node/npm and using that instead of the provided version. It might be necessary to update the path variable in the service file, depending on the installation location. If necessary I can provide more details.

Now it works perfectly
Thanks

Hi @Jan_Koudijs I have the same problem as above but on diet-pi (my room core is onMac).
Do I need to update the node/npm on the raspberry pi? How do I do that?
Thanks for the help

M

@Jan_Koudijs never mind I solved the issue. Just in case other people have the same problem on diet-pi.
Using the dietpi-software I uninstalled the Jsnode and the RoonExtensionManager, then I re-installed first the Jsnode again and after that the REM. That fixed the issue for me

thanks
M

I have tried in all ways to upgrade Roon Extension Manager but I failed. I still have version 010.1 installed. My REM runs on Windows 10 Pro. Automatic REM update or manual update do not work. What to do to update REM? Of course, the updates were carried out from the Roon Controler level on IOS. Regards Robert

Hi @Robert_Tota,

Have you already tried a re-install with the latest Windows installer?

Please download it here and run it as administrator.

I have downloaded the new REM version. After installation, I have version 011.2. Unfortunately, I have to reinstall the Web Controller because it doesn’t work. I need to uninstall it and then reinstall it. It cannot be seen in the Roon Controller interface. Maybe after reinstalling everything will work fine. Best Regards Robert
ps. my wife did it for me.

Has the re-install of the Web Controller fixed it?

Web Controler installation was not possible. First, I had to uninstall Web Controller and then install and enable it from the native Roon application. I haven’t started Roon Rock today, so I don’t know if it’s still working properly. I will let you know if everything is OK. Regards Robert Tota

Roon Extension Manager v0.11.3 is now available

This release has some bug fixes and improvements to make the Extension Manager more robust in setups that use multiple cores or multiple remotes. This release is a direct result of the remarks that were made by BlackJack previously:

Thanks @BlackJack!

The first point regarding the wrong IP address should be fixed now. The address of the first interface is now used instead of the last one.

The improvement made is that it is no longer necessary to pair the Extension Manager to a single core in a multi core setup. The pairing mechanism has been removed and the manager can now connect to multiple cores at once. This means that the Settings dialog can be directly opened, independent of the core that is used by the remote at hand.

Allowing access from multiple cores might at first feel risky for causing conflicts, but is has always been possible to access the Extension Manager via two remotes at the same time. So what will happen if you update an extension via remote 1 and uninstall it via remote 2?

I dived into this and with previous versions this could cause corruption, but as you might have guessed by now this can no longer occur. If you open the Settings and select an extension that has currently an action running you will be informed about this by an “in progress…” indicator in the Action dropdown.

That’s it for this release. If you also have suggestions on how the Extension Manager can be made better, please let me know!

4 Likes