Roon Extension Manager v0.11.9 [Obsolete]

that was exactly my feeling, even because, just as a test, I tried also to update the diet pi version and the update failed as well.
I cannot understand how this keep happening. I am sure that in the past, while cleaning the floor, the plug once or twice could have been unplugged, but I am pretty sure it didn’t happen this time, as the screen of the web controller was still showing the last song that was playing 2 days ago. I clicked on it and it waked roon up but after that the screen was frozen. I did a remote reboot and then I got the message that web controller wasn’t starting and then I realised REM wasn’t there.
So far I haven’t managed to understand what trigger the issue.
I have re-installeld the image and now everything is working as expected. I even updated REM to the latest version.
A suggestion to all the users who don’t know this, you want to make sure you have a backup image of the system somewhere. Once your system is up and running spend 20 minutes making a backup img. If something happen you just reinstate it rather than re-installing all by scratch.

M

Could someone post more basic instructions for Mac OS?

It seems I need Homebrew to then install Node.JS, is that where I start?

Then i install Git.

Seems like a lot of work to get Extensions…

Any tips appreciated…

Do you have a pi running dietpi?

I think i got it.
Homebrew
brew install node
brew install git
paste command to run it
set up Automator

this is all on MacOS for me

Roon Extension Manager v0.11.6 is now available

This time a small update to improve usability while installing Docker based extensions, like CD Player/Ripper. When no Optical Drive Path is supplied during installation then /dev/cdrom is now used as the default.

/dev/cdrom refers to the first detected drive. In a basic (Raspberry Pi) setup this is probably the USB drive you connected. This makes the drive likely to be detected without supplying detailed settings.

Bug fix release v0.11.7

This release fixes a bug in the handling of OS signals which caused the logging of Extension Manager output to be turned on unexpectedly.

1 Like

My DietPi Extension Manager stopped working. It is running on a RPi 4.
I installed the official PoE HAT v2 to get rid of the power adapter.
Upon rebooting I noticed that there was a new version available:

DietPi v6.28.0 : Update available
dietpi-update : Run now to update DietPi from v6.28.0 to v6.31.2.

When I run the updater I get the follwing error:

[FAILED] DietPi-Set_software | Checking URL: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MichaIng/DietPi/master/dietpi.txt

Spider mode enabled. Check if remote file exists.
–2020-07-31 11:03:23-- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MichaIng/DietPi/maste r/dietpi.txt
Resolving raw.githubusercontent.com (raw.githubusercontent.com)… failed: Connection timed out.
wget: unable to resolve host address ‘raw.githubusercontent.com

Then I noticed that Roon does no longer discover any extensions.

What do I need to do?
Run a fresh install of DietPi and Extension Manager?

EDIT: a reboot fixed the discovery of the extensions in Roon. What about the v6.31.2 update?

I haven’t had any issues after the update to v6.31.2, but it hasn’t been in very active use.

Can this be caused by a firewall rule? I’m not managing the firewall myself and it is configured for a small business in a Windows environment.

I’ve pulled the image for Roon Extension Manager and created a container in Docker For Windows, and the Docker Desktop reports it’s running, but Roon doesn’t see the extension.

I’m exploring running REM using DFW on a small headless PC running Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 with WSL2. My objective is to be able to install, amongst other things, @Jan_KoudijsCD Ripper, which I tried unsuccessfully to install on my Synology Disk Station (which is where my Core runs).

Here’s the log. Is the bit I’ve highlighted a problem?

I can ping my network from the container command line, but I don’t know if DFW is giving the container an IP address that is outside my network, although I thought the –network host option would avoid that. (On the resources tab of DFW I haven’t changed the Network default of 192.168.65.0/28)

The container inspection report from DFW looks like this:

Any pointers would be helpful. Please bear in mind I’m used to using Windows and GUI, so I’m pretty much a novice with CLI. Many thanks

Docker for Windows uses a VM to run Linux containers and also adds a virtual switch to the mix, meaning that extension discovery doesn’t work. In order to run the Docker based extensions Docker for Linux is required. What does work however is running a Linux VM and installing Docker for Linux in it. A light weight solution for this is running DietPi in the VM. You can find instructions for installation here.

1 Like

I installed roon-extensions-manager on DietPi v6.34.3 (on x86_64 not actual rPi). All installed well and I can browse extension in the Roon app. However, when I try to install the alarm clock, this is what it responds with after a brief wait:

Can you supply a log file so that I can investigate?

I made a description on how to get a log file on the Wiki.

This isn’t working well. Logging, this is how it looked by default already…

I clicked install for the Alarm Clock extension…

Upon completion I clicked on the link…

It downloaded the extension-logs.tar.gz file, but it’s empty…

I poked around the .RoonExtensions directory. There is a .RoonExtensions/lib/node_modules/roon-extension-alarm-clock directory present. After a restart of DietPi the Alarm Clock extension shows in the list.

So just to see what happens I went to install the MQTT extension. Some thing happens, it says installing for a while, but then shows:

Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 5.08.20 PM

I do see that .RoonExtensions/lib/node_modules/roon-extension-mqtt is present now, but not showing in the list of extensions in the Roon app. When I look at Extensions Settings, it only provides the option to Install MQTT as I already did in the previous step. I reboot the DietPi and once alive again, the MQTT extension is present and I can proceed to start it.

I uninstalled both Alarm Clock and MQTT Extension and both uninstalled just fine without errors.

As the error is reported by the Extension Manager, you have to restart that one with logging. So select it from the System category and perform the Restart with logging action, this is also what is shown in the screenshot on the Wiki page.

Got it! Here is the roon-extension-manager.log file

{
  'roon-extension-manager-updater': '0.4.0',
  'roon-extension-manager': '0.11.8',
  'roon-extension-repository': '0.3.17'
}
Docker for Linux found: Version 20.10.1
npm ERR! code ELSPROBLEMS
npm ERR! invalid: node-api-extension-installer@0.11.10 /root/.RoonExtensions/lib/node_modules/roon-extension-manager/node_modules/node-api-extension-installer
npm ERR! invalid: node-api-time-input@0.1.0 /root/.RoonExtensions/lib/node_modules/roon-extension-manager/node_modules/node-api-time-input
npm ERR! invalid: node-roon-api-settings@1.0.0 /root/.RoonExtensions/lib/node_modules/roon-extension-manager/node_modules/node-roon-api-settings
npm ERR! invalid: node-roon-api-status@1.0.0 /root/.RoonExtensions/lib/node_modules/roon-extension-manager/node_modules/node-roon-api-status
npm ERR! invalid: node-roon-api@1.2.2 /root/.RoonExtensions/lib/node_modules/roon-extension-manager/node_modules/node-roon-api
npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     /root/.npm/_logs/2021-01-01T19_44_14_546Z-debug.log
2021-01-01T19:44:14.564Z - Err: Extension query failed
2021-01-01T19:44:14.583Z - Inf: Roon Extension Manager started!
{}
2021-01-01T19:44:14.586Z - Inf: Extension Repository loaded
-> REQUEST 0 com.roonlabs.registry:1/info 
<- COMPLETE 0 Success {"core_id":"170de2d6-1afa-46f9-80f9-22ed4c7bd645","display_name":"roon","display_version":"1.7 (build 710) stable"}
-> REQUEST 1 com.roonlabs.registry:1/register {"extension_id":"com.theappgineer.extension-manager.roon-ext","display_name":"Roon Extension Manager @roon-ext","display_version":"0.11.8","publisher":"The Appgineer","email":"theappgineer@gmail.com","required_services":[],"optional_services":[],"provided_services":["com.roonlabs.settings:1","com.roonlabs.status:1","com.roonlabs.ping:1"],"website":"http://192.168.123.213:2507/extension-logs.tar.gz","token":"05a8980a-1a5a-4265-84bd-711b56cb2fbd"}
<- CONTINUE 1 Registered {"core_id":"170de2d6-1afa-46f9-80f9-22ed4c7bd645","display_name":"roon","display_version":"1.7 (build 710) stable","token":"05a8980a-1a5a-4265-84bd-711b56cb2fbd","provided_services":[],"http_port":9100}
Core found: roon
Ping timer set
<- REQUEST 1 com.roonlabs.status:1/subscribe_status {"subscription_key":"38"}
-> CONTINUE 1 Subscribed {"message":"Extension Repository loaded","is_error":false}
-> REQUEST 0 com.roonlabs.registry:1/info 
<- COMPLETE 0 Success {"core_id":"46944339-1629-464c-b912-86addb1499cc","display_name":"AdiDesk","display_version":"1.7 (build 710) stable"}
-> REQUEST 1 com.roonlabs.registry:1/register {"extension_id":"com.theappgineer.extension-manager.roon-ext","display_name":"Roon Extension Manager @roon-ext","display_version":"0.11.8","publisher":"The Appgineer","email":"theappgineer@gmail.com","required_services":[],"optional_services":[],"provided_services":["com.roonlabs.settings:1","com.roonlabs.status:1","com.roonlabs.ping:1"],"website":"http://192.168.123.213:2507/extension-logs.tar.gz","token":"368dd703-9c8d-4ec2-96cb-9680567cd8d6"}
<- CONTINUE 1 Registered {"core_id":"46944339-1629-464c-b912-86addb1499cc","display_name":"AdiDesk","display_version":"1.7 (build 710) stable","token":"368dd703-9c8d-4ec2-96cb-9680567cd8d6","provided_services":[],"http_port":9100}
Core found: AdiDesk
<- REQUEST 1 com.roonlabs.status:1/subscribe_status {"subscription_key":"2"}
-> CONTINUE 1 Subscribed {"message":"Extension Repository loaded","is_error":false}
<- REQUEST 3 com.roonlabs.settings:1/subscribe_settings {"subscription_key":"39"}
-> CONTINUE 3 Subscribed {"settings":{"values":{"update_time":"02:00","logging":true,"selected_category":0,"selected_extension":"roon-extension-manager"},"layout":[{"type":"group","title":"[GLOBAL SETTINGS]","collapsable":true,"items":[{"type":"string","title":"Check for updates @ [hh:mm]","setting":"update_time"},{"type":"dropdown","title":"Logging (change forces restart)","values":[{"title":"Disabled","value":false},{"title":"Enabled","value":true}],"setting":"logging"}]},{"type":"group","title":"[EXTENSION]","items":[{"type":"dropdown","title":"Category","values":[{"title":"(select category)"},{"title":"System","value":0},{"title":"Playback","value":1},{"title":"Device Control","value":2},{"title":"Remote Control","value":3},{"title":"Web / Connectivity","value":4},{"title":"Entrypoints","value":5},{"title":"Automation","value":6},{"title":"Tools","value":7}],"setting":"selected_category"},{"type":"dropdown","title":"System Extension","values":[{"title":"(select extension)"},{"title":"Extension Manager","value":"roon-extension-manager"},{"title":"Extension Repository","value":"roon-extension-repository"}],"setting":"selected_extension"},{"type":"group","title":"Roon Extension for managing Roon Extensions","items":[{"type":"label","title":"by: The Appgineer"},{"type":"label","title":"RUNNING (with logging): version 0.11.8"},{"type":"dropdown","title":"Action","values":[{"title":"(select action)"},{"title":"Restart","value":6},{"title":"Restart (with logging)","value":7}],"setting":"action"}]}]},{"type":"group","title":"[PENDING ACTIONS]","items":[{"type":"label","title":"(none)"}]}],"has_error":false}}
<- REQUEST 10 com.roonlabs.settings:1/save_settings {"settings":{"values":{"update_time":"02:00","logging":true,"selected_category":1,"selected_extension":"roon-extension-manager"}},"is_dry_run":true}
-> COMPLETE 10 Success {"settings":{"values":{"update_time":"02:00","logging":true,"selected_category":1},"layout":[{"type":"group","title":"[GLOBAL SETTINGS]","collapsable":true,"items":[{"type":"string","title":"Check for updates @ [hh:mm]","setting":"update_time"},{"type":"dropdown","title":"Logging (change forces restart)","values":[{"title":"Disabled","value":false},{"title":"Enabled","value":true}],"setting":"logging"}]},{"type":"group","title":"[EXTENSION]","items":[{"type":"dropdown","title":"Category","values":[{"title":"(select category)"},{"title":"System","value":0},{"title":"Playback","value":1},{"title":"Device Control","value":2},{"title":"Remote Control","value":3},{"title":"Web / Connectivity","value":4},{"title":"Entrypoints","value":5},{"title":"Automation","value":6},{"title":"Tools","value":7}],"setting":"selected_category"},{"type":"dropdown","title":"Playback Extension","values":[{"title":"(select extension)"},{"title":"Alarm Clock","value":"roon-extension-alarm-clock"},{"title":"CD Player","value":"roon-extension-cd-player"},{"title":"it'roXs!","value":"roon-extension-itroxs"},{"title":"Queue Bot","value":"roon-extension-queue-bot"},{"title":"Random Radio","value":"roon-extension-random-radio"}],"setting":"selected_extension"},{"type":"group","title":"(no extension selected)","items":[]}]},{"type":"group","title":"[PENDING ACTIONS]","items":[{"type":"label","title":"(none)"}]}],"has_error":false}}
<- REQUEST 12 com.roonlabs.settings:1/save_settings {"settings":{"values":{"update_time":"02:00","logging":true,"selected_category":1,"selected_extension":"roon-extension-alarm-clock"}},"is_dry_run":true}
-> COMPLETE 12 Success {"settings":{"values":{"update_time":"02:00","logging":true,"selected_category":1,"selected_extension":"roon-extension-alarm-clock"},"layout":[{"type":"group","title":"[GLOBAL SETTINGS]","collapsable":true,"items":[{"type":"string","title":"Check for updates @ [hh:mm]","setting":"update_time"},{"type":"dropdown","title":"Logging (change forces restart)","values":[{"title":"Disabled","value":false},{"title":"Enabled","value":true}],"setting":"logging"}]},{"type":"group","title":"[EXTENSION]","items":[{"type":"dropdown","title":"Category","values":[{"title":"(select category)"},{"title":"System","value":0},{"title":"Playback","value":1},{"title":"Device Control","value":2},{"title":"Remote Control","value":3},{"title":"Web / Connectivity","value":4},{"title":"Entrypoints","value":5},{"title":"Automation","value":6},{"title":"Tools","value":7}],"setting":"selected_category"},{"type":"dropdown","title":"Playback Extension","values":[{"title":"(select extension)"},{"title":"Alarm Clock","value":"roon-extension-alarm-clock"},{"title":"CD Player","value":"roon-extension-cd-player"},{"title":"it'roXs!","value":"roon-extension-itroxs"},{"title":"Queue Bot","value":"roon-extension-queue-bot"},{"title":"Random Radio","value":"roon-extension-random-radio"}],"setting":"selected_extension"},{"type":"group","title":"Roon Extension to start or stop playback on a specific zone at a specific time","items":[{"type":"label","title":"by: The Appgineer"},{"type":"label","title":"NOT_INSTALLED"},{"type":"dropdown","title":"Action","values":[{"title":"(select action)"},{"title":"Install","value":1}],"setting":"action"}]}]},{"type":"group","title":"[PENDING ACTIONS]","items":[{"type":"label","title":"(none)"}]}],"has_error":false}}
<- REQUEST 14 com.roonlabs.settings:1/save_settings {"settings":{"values":{"update_time":"02:00","logging":true,"selected_category":1,"selected_extension":"roon-extension-alarm-clock","action":1}},"is_dry_run":true}
-> COMPLETE 14 Success {"settings":{"values":{"update_time":"02:00","logging":true,"selected_category":1,"selected_extension":"roon-extension-alarm-clock"},"layout":[{"type":"group","title":"[GLOBAL SETTINGS]","collapsable":true,"items":[{"type":"string","title":"Check for updates @ [hh:mm]","setting":"update_time"},{"type":"dropdown","title":"Logging (change forces restart)","values":[{"title":"Disabled","value":false},{"title":"Enabled","value":true}],"setting":"logging"}]},{"type":"group","title":"[EXTENSION]","items":[{"type":"dropdown","title":"Category","values":[{"title":"(select category)"},{"title":"System","value":0},{"title":"Playback","value":1},{"title":"Device Control","value":2},{"title":"Remote Control","value":3},{"title":"Web / Connectivity","value":4},{"title":"Entrypoints","value":5},{"title":"Automation","value":6},{"title":"Tools","value":7}],"setting":"selected_category"},{"type":"dropdown","title":"Playback Extension","values":[{"title":"(select extension)"},{"title":"Alarm Clock","value":"roon-extension-alarm-clock"},{"title":"CD Player","value":"roon-extension-cd-player"},{"title":"it'roXs!","value":"roon-extension-itroxs"},{"title":"Queue Bot","value":"roon-extension-queue-bot"},{"title":"Random Radio","value":"roon-extension-random-radio"}],"setting":"selected_extension"},{"type":"group","title":"Roon Extension to start or stop playback on a specific zone at a specific time","items":[{"type":"label","title":"by: The Appgineer"},{"type":"label","title":"NOT_INSTALLED"},{"type":"dropdown","title":"Action","values":[{"title":"(select action)"},{"title":"Revert Action","value":0}],"setting":"action"}]}]},{"type":"group","title":"[PENDING ACTIONS]","items":[{"type":"label","title":"Install Alarm Clock\n"}]}],"has_error":false}}
<- REQUEST 16 com.roonlabs.settings:1/save_settings {"settings":{"values":{"update_time":"02:00","logging":true,"selected_category":1,"selected_extension":"roon-extension-alarm-clock"}},"is_dry_run":false}
-> COMPLETE 16 Success {"settings":{"values":{"update_time":"02:00","logging":true,"selected_category":1,"selected_extension":"roon-extension-alarm-clock"},"layout":[{"type":"group","title":"[GLOBAL SETTINGS]","collapsable":true,"items":[{"type":"string","title":"Check for updates @ [hh:mm]","setting":"update_time"},{"type":"dropdown","title":"Logging (change forces restart)","values":[{"title":"Disabled","value":false},{"title":"Enabled","value":true}],"setting":"logging"}]},{"type":"group","title":"[EXTENSION]","items":[{"type":"dropdown","title":"Category","values":[{"title":"(select category)"},{"title":"System","value":0},{"title":"Playback","value":1},{"title":"Device Control","value":2},{"title":"Remote Control","value":3},{"title":"Web / Connectivity","value":4},{"title":"Entrypoints","value":5},{"title":"Automation","value":6},{"title":"Tools","value":7}],"setting":"selected_category"},{"type":"dropdown","title":"Playback Extension","values":[{"title":"(select extension)"},{"title":"Alarm Clock","value":"roon-extension-alarm-clock"},{"title":"CD Player","value":"roon-extension-cd-player"},{"title":"it'roXs!","value":"roon-extension-itroxs"},{"title":"Queue Bot","value":"roon-extension-queue-bot"},{"title":"Random Radio","value":"roon-extension-random-radio"}],"setting":"selected_extension"},{"type":"group","title":"Roon Extension to start or stop playback on a specific zone at a specific time","items":[{"type":"label","title":"by: The Appgineer"},{"type":"label","title":"NOT_INSTALLED"},{"type":"dropdown","title":"Action","values":[{"title":"(select action)"},{"title":"Revert Action","value":0}],"setting":"action"}]}]},{"type":"group","title":"[PENDING ACTIONS]","items":[{"type":"label","title":"Install Alarm Clock\n"}]}],"has_error":false}}
-> CONTINUE 3 Changed {"settings":{"values":{"update_time":"02:00","logging":true,"selected_category":1,"selected_extension":"roon-extension-alarm-clock"},"layout":[{"type":"group","title":"[GLOBAL SETTINGS]","collapsable":true,"items":[{"type":"string","title":"Check for updates @ [hh:mm]","setting":"update_time"},{"type":"dropdown","title":"Logging (change forces restart)","values":[{"title":"Disabled","value":false},{"title":"Enabled","value":true}],"setting":"logging"}]},{"type":"group","title":"[EXTENSION]","items":[{"type":"dropdown","title":"Category","values":[{"title":"(select category)"},{"title":"System","value":0},{"title":"Playback","value":1},{"title":"Device Control","value":2},{"title":"Remote Control","value":3},{"title":"Web / Connectivity","value":4},{"title":"Entrypoints","value":5},{"title":"Automation","value":6},{"title":"Tools","value":7}],"setting":"selected_category"},{"type":"dropdown","title":"Playback Extension","values":[{"title":"(select extension)"},{"title":"Alarm Clock","value":"roon-extension-alarm-clock"},{"title":"CD Player","value":"roon-extension-cd-player"},{"title":"it'roXs!","value":"roon-extension-itroxs"},{"title":"Queue Bot","value":"roon-extension-queue-bot"},{"title":"Random Radio","value":"roon-extension-random-radio"}],"setting":"selected_extension"},{"type":"group","title":"Roon Extension to start or stop playback on a specific zone at a specific time","items":[{"type":"label","title":"by: The Appgineer"},{"type":"label","title":"NOT_INSTALLED"},{"type":"dropdown","title":"Action","values":[{"title":"(select action)"},{"title":"Revert Action","value":0}],"setting":"action"}]}]},{"type":"group","title":"[PENDING ACTIONS]","items":[{"type":"label","title":"Install Alarm Clock\n"}]}],"has_error":false}}
-> CONTINUE 3 Changed {"settings":{"values":{"update_time":"02:00","logging":true,"selected_category":1,"selected_extension":"roon-extension-alarm-clock"},"layout":[{"type":"group","title":"[GLOBAL SETTINGS]","collapsable":true,"items":[{"type":"string","title":"Check for updates @ [hh:mm]","setting":"update_time"},{"type":"dropdown","title":"Logging (change forces restart)","values":[{"title":"Disabled","value":false},{"title":"Enabled","value":true}],"setting":"logging"}]},{"type":"group","title":"[EXTENSION]","items":[{"type":"dropdown","title":"Category","values":[{"title":"(select category)"},{"title":"System","value":0},{"title":"Playback","value":1},{"title":"Device Control","value":2},{"title":"Remote Control","value":3},{"title":"Web / Connectivity","value":4},{"title":"Entrypoints","value":5},{"title":"Automation","value":6},{"title":"Tools","value":7}],"setting":"selected_category"},{"type":"dropdown","title":"Playback Extension","values":[{"title":"(select extension)"},{"title":"Alarm Clock","value":"roon-extension-alarm-clock"},{"title":"CD Player","value":"roon-extension-cd-player"},{"title":"it'roXs!","value":"roon-extension-itroxs"},{"title":"Queue Bot","value":"roon-extension-queue-bot"},{"title":"Random Radio","value":"roon-extension-random-radio"}],"setting":"selected_extension"},{"type":"group","title":"Roon Extension to start or stop playback on a specific zone at a specific time","items":[{"type":"label","title":"by: The Appgineer"},{"type":"label","title":"NOT_INSTALLED"},{"type":"dropdown","title":"Action","values":[{"title":"(select action)"},{"title":"Revert Action","value":0}],"setting":"action"}]}]},{"type":"group","title":"[PENDING ACTIONS]","items":[{"type":"label","title":"Install Alarm Clock\n"}]}],"has_error":false}}
2021-01-01T19:44:36.084Z - Inf: Installing: roon-extension-alarm-clock...
-> CONTINUE 1 Changed {"message":"Installing: roon-extension-alarm-clock...","is_error":false}
-> CONTINUE 1 Changed {"message":"Installing: roon-extension-alarm-clock...","is_error":false}
<- REQUEST 17 com.roonlabs.settings:1/unsubscribe_settings {"subscription_key":"39"}
-> COMPLETE 17 Unsubscribed 
npm ERR! code ELSPROBLEMS
npm ERR! invalid: node-api-time-input@0.1.0 /root/.RoonExtensions/lib/node_modules/roon-extension-alarm-clock/node_modules/node-api-time-input
npm ERR! invalid: node-roon-api-browse@1.0.0 /root/.RoonExtensions/lib/node_modules/roon-extension-alarm-clock/node_modules/node-roon-api-browse
npm ERR! invalid: node-roon-api-settings@1.0.0 /root/.RoonExtensions/lib/node_modules/roon-extension-alarm-clock/node_modules/node-roon-api-settings
npm ERR! invalid: node-roon-api-status@1.0.0 /root/.RoonExtensions/lib/node_modules/roon-extension-alarm-clock/node_modules/node-roon-api-status
npm ERR! invalid: node-roon-api-transport@2.0.1 /root/.RoonExtensions/lib/node_modules/roon-extension-alarm-clock/node_modules/node-roon-api-transport
npm ERR! invalid: node-roon-api@1.2.2 /root/.RoonExtensions/lib/node_modules/roon-extension-alarm-clock/node_modules/node-roon-api
npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     /root/.npm/_logs/2021-01-01T19_44_41_713Z-debug.log
2021-01-01T19:44:41.735Z - Err: Extension query failed
-> CONTINUE 1 Changed {"message":"Extension query failed","is_error":true}
-> CONTINUE 1 Changed {"message":"Extension query failed","is_error":true}
url: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/TheAppgineer/roon-extension-alarm-clock/master/.gitignore
<- REQUEST 23 com.roonlabs.settings:1/subscribe_settings {"subscription_key":"40"}
-> CONTINUE 23 Subscribed {"settings":{"values":{"update_time":"02:00","logging":true,"selected_category":1,"selected_extension":"roon-extension-alarm-clock"},"layout":[{"type":"group","title":"[GLOBAL SETTINGS]","collapsable":true,"items":[{"type":"string","title":"Check for updates @ [hh:mm]","setting":"update_time"},{"type":"dropdown","title":"Logging (change forces restart)","values":[{"title":"Disabled","value":false},{"title":"Enabled","value":true}],"setting":"logging"}]},{"type":"group","title":"[EXTENSION]","items":[{"type":"dropdown","title":"Category","values":[{"title":"(select category)"},{"title":"System","value":0},{"title":"Playback","value":1},{"title":"Device Control","value":2},{"title":"Remote Control","value":3},{"title":"Web / Connectivity","value":4},{"title":"Entrypoints","value":5},{"title":"Automation","value":6},{"title":"Tools","value":7}],"setting":"selected_category"},{"type":"dropdown","title":"Playback Extension","values":[{"title":"(select extension)"},{"title":"Alarm Clock","value":"roon-extension-alarm-clock"},{"title":"CD Player","value":"roon-extension-cd-player"},{"title":"it'roXs!","value":"roon-extension-itroxs"},{"title":"Queue Bot","value":"roon-extension-queue-bot"},{"title":"Random Radio","value":"roon-extension-random-radio"}],"setting":"selected_extension"},{"type":"group","title":"Roon Extension to start or stop playback on a specific zone at a specific time","items":[{"type":"label","title":"by: The Appgineer"},{"type":"label","title":"NOT_INSTALLED"},{"type":"dropdown","title":"Action","values":[{"title":"(select action)"},{"title":"Install","value":1}],"setting":"action"}]}]},{"type":"group","title":"[PENDING ACTIONS]","items":[{"type":"label","title":"(none)"}]}],"has_error":false}}
<- REQUEST 30 com.roonlabs.settings:1/unsubscribe_settings {"subscription_key":"40"}
-> COMPLETE 30 Unsubscribed

I have a problem. I had to re-install everything in my server (i took the opportunity to upgrade to ubuntu desktop 20.04.1) and now i can’t configure roon extension correctly
Help!!!

roon-extension-manager.service - Roon Extension Manager
     Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/roon-extension-manager.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
     Active: failed (Result: start-limit-hit) since Sat 2021-01-02 13:37:19 CET; 25s ago
    Process: 1375 ExecStart=/home/roon/.RoonExtensions/bin/roon-extension-manager.sh (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
   Main PID: 1375 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

gen 02 13:37:19 roon systemd[1]: roon-extension-manager.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
gen 02 13:37:19 roon systemd[1]: Stopped Roon Extension Manager.
gen 02 13:37:19 roon systemd[1]: roon-extension-manager.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
gen 02 13:37:19 roon systemd[1]: roon-extension-manager.service: Failed with result 'start-limit-hit'.
gen 02 13:37:19 roon systemd[1]: Failed to start Roon Extension Manager.

It turns out that the Extension Manager doesn’t work when npm version 7.x is used. You are probably running v7.3.0. Please confirm by running:

npm --version

@Daniele_Piancastelli, can you check the npm version as well?

My version is 6.14.4

Can you provide me the output of:

journalctl -u roon-extension-manager