Roon Extension: Random Radio v0.2.0 (do the album shuffle)

Hi @kneville,

To fix this you should install apparmor in the DietPi VM:

apt install apparmor

You can find more info in the Extension Manager thread:

1 Like

That did the trick, back in business, thank you!

A general question - is it a good idea to keep dietpi up to date or should I not fiddle with things that are working the way I need them to?

Thanks again for your help, glad to have album shuffle back!

From the 2 options I think that keeping software up to date is the better choice. Of course an update can break things but threads like this one are there to find a fix or workaround and move forward.

2 Likes

This is interesting, butā€¦ What I would prefer is a way to randomize the albums I see in the album view. For example, in Albums view, I would like to choose a Focus (say a genre) and then sort the albums displayed randomly. This will dig up albums in my library that I donā€™t recall. From that random list I would choose what to play.

I donā€™t think this is achievable through a plug-in unfortunately.

It is very nice to listen album to album randomly.

But it would be more nice if you could add ā€œworksā€ to the choices.
I would like to listen piano sonatas, symphonies or other music which consist of plural tracks randomly.

This may have been asked before but would it be possible to set random album to just select albums from my library that are not from streaming platforms?

Iā€™m keen to listen to the albums Iā€™ve actually bought rather than the myriad Iā€™ve added to my library from streaming platforms.

Just as an option as I realise many here are fully streaming integrated but I donā€™t consider an album mine until Iā€™ve actually bought it.

.sjb

Love the extension. It reminds me of the 5 disc changer I used to have. But it fits all my albums :grinning:

The ability to filter would indeed be a nice enhancement. I donā€™t know if/what is actually possible, but being able to select a bookmark from which to pick would be ideal for me.

Not using a streaming service myself but Iā€™m pretty sure that the Roon API does not differentiate between local albums and those that were added from a streaming service.

The workaround would be to disable the streaming services for an afternoon (or whatever length) and stay local that way.

1 Like

What are the differences in the 3 randomisation choices?

.sjb

It are different implementations of a random number generator. Itā€™s a bit of a theoretical option that I added for those who like to tweak their system :slight_smile:

The Just Random section of the first post gives some details about the option.