Roon Featured Playlists

Hey @Simon_Arnold3, I’m glad you’re enjoying 60’s Freakout. I thought you might, based on our previous music conversations. I tried to go for more obscurities when I assembled this list, both of the early Os Mutantes albums are great. Ultimately I decided to go with A Minha Menina rather than the more frequently seen Bat Macumba, or Baby.

2 Likes

Hear a new twist on some old favorites. The final track, Golden Slumbers by Dua Lipa, is not to be missed! :raised_hands:

4 Likes

You don’t have to be multi-lingual to enjoy this international playlist. Watch out, you might just discover a whole new genre to love :purple_heart:

7 Likes

Celebrate International Jazz Day with this Community inspired playlist!

4 Likes

4 Likes

7 Likes

Thank you @kristi

I had to look up Glitch-Hop. :person_facepalming:

Glitch hop is a subgenre of electronic music that fuses elements of electronic dance music (EDM) and hip-hop while incorporating aspects of “glitch” music.

https://www.masterclass.com/articles/glitch-hop-guide

3 Likes

@Menzies this was a pretty wild playlist. Doors were opened, genres unlocked :melting_face:

2 Likes

Totally thankful. :grin:

Newb overshare alert.
This just became my fave topic.
That is all.

2 Likes

Welcome Jaxilla!! Any playlists you might like to see in the coming months?

1 Like

Thank you, very kind.

I am a huge fan of “jam band” formats…I am very in tune with the American scene but have wondered more than once what my compatriots in other regions listen to. What band in insert country here do the fans follow around to the point that they start recognizing each other? Not that this has ever happened to me, mind you. That would be crazy…

:slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: Perusing the list of lists, looks like that’s already been done maybe. :person_facepalming:

Looking forward to giving it a listen.

1 Like

OMG, my ear drums are craving more. Keep it coming.

And the 2nd to last track. Very good.

https://i.imgur.com/ECeSxQO.png

2 Likes

@kristi loving the playlists, keep up the good selections, none in particular that I’d like to request. …

But thought I’d share one of my other favourite sources of 'Guides to…" playlists here, which might be a source of inspiration to other Roon users or even for future Roon playlists. Love to see a NTS Radio X Roon collaboration.

3 Likes

I loved that track too!

Not sure if you’ve heard of Nitin Sawhney, I can happily recommend this for you to listen to.

1 Like

On my third run through the Sonic Bloom playlist.

I have not heard of any of the artists but I’m enjoying a huge proportion of it. Some of it sounds great the way dub reggae can sound great.

I need to acclimatise my ears so I can better appreciate my sons work which will hopefully be appearing on a Roon playlist at some stage.

Tidal: Rather Be by chxmist
Spotify: Rather Be by chxmist
Qobuz [Rather Be by Chxmist] (Open Qobuz )

.sjb

2 Likes

And very good his work is. I’ve listened several times on Qobuz. Great artist. Thank you for sharing.

Here we go - Open Qobuz

1 Like

And now in Roon

2 Likes

@kristi would love to see some Late Night Mixes please with a selection from all genres.

Late night is my favourite time for listening.

Many thanks

2 Likes