Roon has difficulty with Maps and Diagrams (Tim Martin)

Content you’re reporting an issue with

I have a lot of albums from the artist Maps and Diagrams (Tim Martin). Around 14 of these are not recognised by Roon.

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

No

Is the album identified in Roon?

Nope

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Local content on USB attached SSD.

Screenshot of import settings

Description of the issue

Some of the Maps and Diagrams albums are not recognised. I know this artist is horrendously prolific (upwards of 80 albums I think) but some of the unidentified albums are already a couple of years old.

Have you checked MusicBrianz or AllMusic to see if they exist in their databases? If not then Roon won’t identify them as there is nothing for it to go on.

I have a huge collection of All India Radio stuff and most of this stuff wasn’t in them until recently. Likely a fan adding them and I had to add some myself that were still not listed.

1 Like

That’s the likely reason … none of the releases in the screenshot are listed in MusicBrainz, and all the Qobuz releases (5) I can see are.

1 Like

Yeah, I noticed the missing entries in MusicBrainz, so I added one to see if that helps. It probably takes a while for the data to percolate to Roon. Nothing for it than to add the rest as well.

AllMusic is the exact oppositie of its name, at least where Maps and Diagrams is concerned :laughing:

Thanks for the replies.

I think Roon gets an update every day or so, and the last time I added a release to MusicBrainz, it was in Roon within 24 hours.

Yep unless its an edit which takes longer I find, but adding new releases its about 24 hrs

I’ve just made an edit, and no doubt some will argue against it, even though the current data is verifiably wrong. So, maybe a week for the voting process. Fortunately, new releases don’t require a vote.

1 Like

Quick update: added one release to MusicBrainz yesterday. This morning it was available in Roon, so that data path is now clear to me.

I’ll be knee deep in MusicBrainz now (ugh, the visual!) adding releases.

Thanks all for the tips and comments, much appreciated.

2 Likes

Do you have MusicBrainz Picard? If not I would get it as it makes it easier to get releases into MusicBrainz. You can drag your files in Cluster them then submit as a new release. It then takes all your metadata to populate the tracks, album, artists etc.Then its just tying it all up.

1 Like

Thats a good tip, thank you.The workflow needs some getting used to, but its a lot easier to add releases to MusicBrainz.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.