Roon has stopped working - shuts down program after the first screen with the musician quotation on it [Resolved -- Reinstalled graphics driver]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows PC running windows 10 -tried to reinstall rioon - no build number showing

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

wififrom btinternet.com in the UK

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

N/A

Description Of Issue

Roon stopped working - it just shows forst screen (with quotation on) then closes - I tried reinstalling the program using RoonInstaller64 - it seemed to download but when opens, the same thing happened.

There is now no folder called Roon on my C Drive

I have a lifetime subscription and Roon has confirmed my membership etc is fine

Can you help please?

I suspect you may have had a windows update that has overwritten your graphics drivers. Go to the manufacturer of the graphics card or Intel if it’s an Intel embedded card and get the latest drivers NOT windows update. See if that fixes it.
You might also try downloading the 32 bit version from roonlabs.com as that often works when the 64 bit won’t.

2 Likes

Hi @Geoff_Yates,

As Ged suggested, definitely try reinstalling your graphics driver from the manufacturer’s website.

if you’re still having problems, please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

Thanks!

Thanks all

I did as you suggested

It worked!

Stars!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.