Roon + HQPlayer and ability to select NAA

I’ve been doing some rearranging because of a computer that is out for service and I discovered another possibility for how roon could switch modes in HQplayer.

Basically I have three systems currently being run by a single computer with both Roon and HQplayer installed.

1. Local (Core Audio) IFI micro iDAC connected via USB to the Mac
  2. NAA (Cubox-i) IFI micro iDSD connected via USB to the Cubox-i
  3. NAA (Sonore Sonicorbiter SE) Auralic Vega connected via USB to the Sonicorbiter SE

The settings (preferences) in HQ player are different for all three set ups…actually quite complicated. I simply exported the settings for each one and when I switch in HQ player just import the settings for that configuration. The exported file is .xml. Currently I switch between settings files using screen sharing to this mac from another mac, or teamviewer from my android tablet. It would be ideal if this switch could be made from roon instead.

In each case the settings in Roon are the same…just send the files to HQplayer on this particular machine defined by its IP address. If roon could simply have a drop down in the audio settings dialog box (the pop-up box that shows the active zones) that allowed you to select a .xml settings file for hqplayer, that’s all you would need. This would keep the interface simple and only power users would need mess with it.

Robert