Roon+HQPlayer Issues

Hi all, I am having issues getting Roon to work with HQPlayer. I have Roon core and HQPlayer desktop running on an Intel SkullCanyon NUC Intel i7-6770 2.60 GHz, 32 GB RAM, Windows 10 with HQPlayer NAA running on a smaller PC. I am using it with a Sonore microRendu into an iFi Micro iDSD Black Label. I was able to get it to work before but now I get nothing. I am using HQPlayer 3.25 and NAA version 3.5.4. HQPlayer is setup as “LocalHost” in Roon and DSP is disabled. Any ideas of what I’m doing wrong?

What happens when you try to play? Does the content appear in HQPlayer’s playlist with title “Roon”?

Seems like you have convolution engine enabled, have you tried to turn it off? Just to narrow down the complexity.

Likely not related, but when using a NAA, I’d recommend to at least initially leave the “Buffer time” setting to “Default”.

Settings look otherwise OK.

1 Like

Hi Jussi, “convolution engine enabled” was the culprit. I unchecked that and I have music flowing again. I don’t know how that got enabled as I have never used that function before, but I’m sure glad that it was a simple fix and I thank you for your help.

1 Like