Roon iPad remote appreciation thread

Just started it. Wow!! I’ m so impressed😀
Now back to enjoying😍

I’m not an out and out techie, but the app is impressive in how it delivers the same experience we have all been enjoying on our computers, only better. It’s fast, responsive and works fantastically well with a touchscreen.

Spread the word, Roon promised and is delivering. When RoonSpeaker hits the manufacturers hardware, this thing could explode onto the wider market.

Well done guys, all power to you.

I see several of you mentioned the iPad Mini, how is the scaling on the smaller display? Can anyone compare the sizing to the Android version on 7" tablets (e.g. Nexus 7)?

1 Like

For first release: impressive.

Thanks Roonlabs for this gorgeous remote app. It works like a charm.

Using the App now and immediately fell in love, glad I took up a lifetime membership, fantastic work, well done Roon team !

I’m not at home, but I loaded the app on my iPad and was able to immediately see my Roon server from across town. Note: I used VPN. It seemed to work just fine. Obviously, I couldn’t output sound to the iPad, but all features seemed to work from “outside” my home network. I suspect I either have or can get an app that will be able to stream my home system audio to my iPad, so I am pretty sure I will be able to use my Roon server to stream audio to my iPad and then to my Bose Bluetooth speakers shorty! For the moment, the little dog at home is listening to the music. I think I’ll have a temp fix shortly after I get home.

Good job!

Great app! Works flawless, apart from a few minor issues.

After using it for a few hours now all I can say is Fantastic. swapping between my kitchen and living room is so quick. and moving between album choice is amazing.
Top work Lads/Lasses
now get Roon Speakers out :grin:

Fantastic!

I’m going to say something negative.

The grey background of the app icon doesn’t look half as sharp as a crisp black (like the old Sooloos icon) would.

Wow. A complaint on an app icon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cann’t give it my full endorsement until I can control remote computers not just the core. Otherwise looks and works great on my ipad mini. Perhaps 3/5 stars at the moment…

1 Like

An amazing job slick and beautiful to look at and use. It was well worth the wait. Will upgrade to latest iPad when out and it should be even slicker as I have iPad Air 1 at the moment.

Just need some way of playing radio now and my LMS and squeeze play is no more.

It’s great to be able to now use the immersive Roon experience anywhere I use my iPad Air 2. Lying on the couch or on bed, on the balcony, etc. As previously mentioned by another poster I agree that it’s impressive how well it works and how closely it replicates the native app. There are some small isues though which I will report on separately in another thread.

Well Done Roon!

My wife (and thus I) was a very happy camper last night when I loaded it on her iPad. Super easy install, no registration, fast response time.

1 Like

@Egres: Not sure what you mean. I’m sat in my garden listening to my raspberry pi through AirPlay using the iPad app served by my living room PC
I might be totally wrong on what your aiming to do but just select a new zone

Purchased a Ipad Air2, downloaded the app and within minutes I was up and running.
Super smooth scrolling. It’s a fabulous app.
Looking forward to the roonspeakers app to complete the system.

@Egres and @DonkeyKong , you are both right :wink:

Currently a remote (such as the iOS app) can send music to zones connected to the core, private zones connected to the remote (the iOS app does not yet have private zones) or supported network zones (currently Meridian and Airplay).

RoonSpeakers will broaden this architecture and is one of the feature expansions I’m particularly looking forward to.

1 Like

I’m in absolute heaven with Roon now that I have the app.