Roon is great product, but this should include

We’ll be back to CDRs with green pen round the circumference soon.
IMHO if you notice the medium the music isn’t doing it for you.

1 Like

Or people are trying to explain with (often badly understood) engineering what can be properly explained by psychology, as was already clearly pretty clearly stated in the thread @mikeb pointed you to.

1 Like

Ok. Points well taken.

Except. Why in the world can some be so intolerant?

I could say that NOT hearing the differences were purely psychological. But I don’t.

If you perceive a difference you do. If you don’t perceive a difference then you don’t.

I would never presume to tell anyone what they can or cannot see, hear, taste, touch or smell. Nor deny their right to believe or not believe in ESP, Bigfoot or the Monster if Loch Ness.

If I read a blog or post of people trying to describe what they perceive I would quit reading it and move on. One is never going to change the minds concerning these topics.

I’ve demonstrated these differences to many that visit my home. Most are astounded at what they hear. However I do practice hypnosis and voodoo and give them the full treatment before I demonstrate. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Because “viral” marketing is a thing.

Psychology. And I’m not saying this in any kind of mischievous way.

1 Like

Unless this thread has been heavily moderated I don’t see any uncivil responses.
I think your initial list doesn’t cover any new ground, there are many such individual postings, perhaps it rounds a few up in one place. So nothing to take exception to.
That others disagree with your opinions… well given the medium, the internet, no surprise there surely :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m done. Good day gentleman and gentle ladies.
It was always a fools errand.

Absolutely true!

Except when one’s ears start to bleed from listening to MP3s, as some would have one believe.

As for all the other arguments this thread, my simple answer is that when proper science tells us one thing and people say and believe things that run counter to the accepted science, then I would like some proof as to why the science is wrong.

Don’t believe that bits = bits, fine. Want me to agree with you, then provide real proof.

Nyquist–Shannon sampling theorem wrong? Proof please.

Can hear pico second jitter? Proof please.

I could on but hopefully you get my point.

3 Likes

Well you certainly know how to flounce, I’ll give you that.

6 Likes
  1. It already sound very good
  2. It already covers most bases
  3. Wikipedia is very good but it could be an alternative option say for an extra £2 per month
  4. I am mostly happy with what my Lifetime subscription delivers
  5. Roon is a small company, this would need substantial resource and probably cost too much
  6. Metadata is already extensive, Wikipedia would help improve but there are so many varied releases the album art text might be a step too far.
  7. Maybe an extension architecture - I like the simplicity of a system that runs great out of the box
  8. Roon is pretty great already - I say get back to listening to the music!

sound reproduction is dependant upon hardware,software and listening environment
sound that we hear depends on the ear
sound quality depends on the expectations of the listener
if you’re happy with the quality…just keep smiling

2 Likes